Alpha Psi Omega
The purpose of the Lambda Rho Chapter of Alpha Psi Omega is to stimulate interest in theatre activities, promote the theatre itself, and unify the department as a whole at the University of Central of Oklahoma. By electing students to membership, the society provides a reward to students for their participation and dedication to the department. The chapter is not intended to take the place of any existing theatre organization.
Reasons to Join
- Recognition of accomplishments from the National Honor Society
- Networking opportunities
- Project Management opportunities
- Voting member of End-of-Year Award Ceremony
- APO funding awards to help students complete career related activities
How to become a Member
To be eligible for membership in the Lambda Rho of Alpha Psi Omega the student must:
- Be regularly enrolled at the University of Central Oklahoma.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher in all course work and a 2.75 GPA or higher in Theatre Arts course work.
- Participate in a variety of collegiate theatrical endeavors: acting, directing, playwriting, front-of-house management, technical theatre, dramaturgy, production research, and other appropriate theatre responsibilities).
- Earn the requisite number of points
- Remit a one-time national due payable to the National APO Office within two weeks of the induction.
- Remit a one-time $5.00 due to APO’s local Lambda Rho chapter at UCO.
- Pass requisite tests at the Induction Ceremony.
Contact Emily Heugatter for more information.
Each year a number of events are sponsored by APO. Listed below are a few of the events that APO supports.
- Beginning of the year Mixer
- Fundraising opportunities
- Brawnies’ End of Year Celebrations and Award Ceremony
- Student produced work