Oklahoma High School Football State Championship Games:
UCO welcomes Oklahoma high school football state championship teams and fans to our campus for the 2022 OSSAA high school football championship games, Dec. 1-10. Visit the Championship Central website for more info.
Alpha Psi Omega
The purpose of the Lambda Rho Chapter of Alpha Psi Omega is to stimulate interest in theatre activities, promote the theatre itself, and unify the department as a whole at the University of Central Oklahoma. By electing students to membership, the society provides a reward to students for their participation and dedication to the department. The chapter is not intended to take the place of any existing theatre organization.
Reasons to Join
- Recognition of accomplishments from the National Honor Society
- Networking opportunities
- Project Management opportunities
- Voting member of End-of-Year Award Ceremony
- APO funding awards to help students complete career-related activities
How to become a Member
To be eligible for membership in the Lambda Rho of Alpha Psi Omega the student must:
- Be regularly enrolled at the University of Central Oklahoma.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher in all coursework and a 2.75 GPA or higher in Theatre Arts coursework.
- Participate in a variety of collegiate theatrical endeavors: acting, directing, playwriting, front-of-house management, technical theatre, dramaturgy, production research, and other appropriate theatre responsibilities).
- Earn the requisite number of points
- Remit a one-time national due payable to the National APO Office within two weeks of the induction.
- Remit a one-time $5.00 due to APO’s local Lambda Rho chapter at UCO.
- Pass requisite tests at the Induction Ceremony.
Contact Jamison Rhoads for more information.
Each year a number of events are sponsored by APO. Listed below are a few of the events that APO supports.
- Beginning of the year Mixer
- Fundraising opportunities
- Brawnies’ End of Year Celebrations and Award Ceremony
- Student produced work