UCO has temporarily shifted most in-person classes to synchronous virtual delivery through Jan. 31. Campus facilities and services will remain open and offer in-person and virtual options. COVID-19 protocols remain in place. Masks are required on campus when around others. Students, faculty and staff who are directly exposed to or test positive for COVID-19 should fill out UCO's COVID-19 Self-Reporting form. To learn more about current operations, view the university's coronavirus webpage.
Department of Theatre Arts
Central Theatre Mission:
Knowledge. Skill. Value.
The UCO Department of Theatre Arts helps students learn the knowledge, skills and values for successful careers in professional theatre and theatre education. Students who successfully complete a BFA degree program in Theatre Arts, will be able to:
- Demonstrate a knowledge and critical understanding of theatre in verbal and written formats;
- Apply skills and techniques in performance, design and technology, and theatre education;
- Practice essential theatre skills, including collaboration, communication, task orientation and time management;
- Adhere to the ethics and values of professional theatre and theatre education; and,
- Employ knowledge, skills, and values in professional theatre and theatre education.
The Department of Theatre Arts is an award-winning program that immerses students in a range of cutting-edge theatre, including classical, contemporary, and theatre for social change. Theatre Arts majors have multiple opportunities in performance, design/technology and theatre education, as well as student travel opportunities including national conferences, festivals and study tours, both nationally and internationally.