Consistent with revised CDC guidance, vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals are recommended to wear a mask when in public indoor spaces where COVID-19 virus transmission is considered substantial or high.
COVID-19 Resources: COVID-19 Testing | Report Positive Test, Symptoms, or Direct Exposure | Vaccine Information | COVID-19 Website
Department of Theatre Arts
Central Theatre Mission:
Knowledge. Skill. Value.
The UCO Department of Theatre Arts helps students learn the knowledge, skills and values for successful careers in professional theatre and theatre education. Students who successfully complete a BFA degree program in Theatre Arts, will be able to:
- Demonstrate a knowledge and critical understanding of theatre in verbal and written formats;
- Apply skills and techniques in performance, design and technology, and theatre education;
- Practice essential theatre skills, including collaboration, communication, task orientation and time management;
- Adhere to the ethics and values of professional theatre and theatre education; and,
- Employ knowledge, skills, and values in professional theatre and theatre education.
The Department of Theatre Arts is an award-winning program that immerses students in a range of cutting-edge theatre, including classical, contemporary, and theatre for social change. Theatre Arts majors have multiple opportunities in performance, design/technology and theatre education, as well as student travel opportunities including national conferences, festivals and study tours, both nationally and internationally.