Consistent with revised CDC guidance, vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals are recommended to wear a mask when in public indoor spaces where COVID-19 virus transmission is considered substantial or high.
COVID-19 Resources: COVID-19 Testing | Report Positive Test, Symptoms, or Direct Exposure | Vaccine Information | COVID-19 Website
Department of Dance
The Department of Dance at UCO prepares students for professional careers in dance and dance education by helping them acquire the knowledge and skills to compete and contribute as emerging artists, creative scholars and leaders in the arts.
The UCO Department of Dance offers diverse opportunities for students:
- Degrees include a B.F.A. in Dance Performance and a B.A. Ed in Dance Education (the only university in Oklahoma that offers a Dance Education degree leading to Oklahoma State Teacher Certification)
- Technical training with equal emphasis in ballet, modern and jazz
- Variety of coursework including pedagogy, improvisation, composition, movement analysis, history and anatomy
- Award-winning faculty
- Internationally and nationally renowned guest artists
- Kaleidoscope Dance Company, UCO’s touring dance company
- Numerous opportunities to perform in formal and informal settings
- Attention to each student's unique background and individual career goals.
- Summer travel abroad opportunities
- Performance opportunities with OKC professional companies, Perpetual Motion and RACE
UCO Dance in the Spotlight
After graduating from UCO, Brandon Fink attended the 6-week ADF school and performed in the revival of Twyla Tharp's "Sweet Fields". Shortly thereafter, he signed his first professional contract with the Modern American Dance Company in St. Louis where he spent 5 years as a company member. During his time with MADCO, they were awarded an Emmy for collaboration with HEC-TV in Liquid Roads. He was selected to attend the River North Dance Chicago Summer Apprenticeship Program in 2012. He has acquired membership with both the Actors' Equity Association and the American Guild of Musical Artists. With both union memberships, he performed at the MUNY in Fiddler on the Roof, Variety Theatre in The Wizard of OZ and The Opera Theatre of Saint Louis in Orfeo and Euridice. Most recently he was a dancer in Ashlock - a dance film that debuted at the St. Louis Filmmakers Showcase. As a choreographer, he has had the privilege of choreographing at MADCO, the American Dance Troupe, the Oklahoma Contemporary Dance Festival, UCO, Florida Atlantic University, and the Convergence Trainee Program. Fink recently got married and is now entering his 3rd season with The Big Muddy Dance Company.”