Prospective Teachers Academy
The UCO Prospective Teachers Academy (PTA) was established to provide an opportunity for high school students interested in a career in education to learn more about college requirements, education programs at UCO, university life and the rewarding work of teaching.
PTA provides an in-depth look at the path through the teacher education program at UCO with the ultimate goal of helping incoming freshman save time, money and feel more in charge of their educational journey.
Applications are currently closed for 2019
- Provides cost-free workshops regarding teacher education to Oklahoma high school juniors and seniors from around the state.
- Allows prospective students to develop relationships with faculty and staff within the College of Education and Professional Studies.
- Provides teacher education information, a complimentary lunch, a t-shirt and books that aid in college success and inspire teaching.
- Equips participants with a notebook containing resource materials, flash drive and promotional items designed to encourage further exploration of teacher education.
- All aspects of teacher education
- Prospective Teacher Connection – a freshman bridge to the teacher preparation program
- Introduction to the Urban Teacher Preparation Academy
- Leadership on campus
- Scholarship opportunities
- Certification testing
- Understanding the degree sheet
- Academic Success strategies
- Future Educators Living Learning Community
Contact Susan Scott, PTA faculty sponsor, for more information.