UCO COVID-19 protocols remain in place for the spring 2021 semester. Masks are required on campus when around others.
Important resources: COVID-19 Testing | Report Exposure/Positive Test | On-Campus Vaccine Clinic | COVID-19 Vaccination Self-Reporting | Virtual services | COVID-19 website
Quality clinical experiences in P12 schools influence education degree and certification completions as well as retention in the profession. UCO is committed to partnering with local schools in a mutually beneficial relationship that ensures high quality clinical placements for our teacher candidates that also provides advantages and support to the partner school.
Benefits of Partnering with UCO
- Pipeline of highly qualified, traditionally-certified teachers
- Recruitment opportunities
- Early release process for student teachers to fill an urgent need in partnership schools
- UCO tuition vouchers for current teachers who mentor teacher candidates during the internship semester
- FREE professional development opportunities
Requirements for Potential School Partners
- A signed memorandum of understanding (MOU) between the partnership school and UCO
- The understanding that our teacher candidates will be placed with highly qualified teachers who are fully certified in the area they teach and have at least THREE years of successful experience
- The understanding that mentor teachers will complete co-teacher training, either in person or online