In order to best prepare students for their future careers, the Department of Psychology offers several student organizations to provide additional transformative learning opportunities outside the traditional classroom setting. For more information about an organization, please contact the faculty adviser.
Founded in 1929, Psi Chi is the International Honor Society in Psychology. The society was created for the purposes of encouraging, stimulating and maintaining excellence in scholarship and advancing the science of psychology. Membership is open to graduate and undergraduate students who are making the study of psychology one of their major interests and who meet the minimum qualifications.
UCO’s Psi Chi chapter goals
- Encourage members to be activate and help the progression of the chapter
- Get involved with service projects in order to better serve the community
- Help create a more memorable and college experience for member
Benefits of Membership
- Ability to network and create lasting relationships during college
- Participate in service activities that benefit the surrounding community and UCO
- Opportunity to promote individual research and gain national or international recognition
Faculty Adviser: Dr. Jaclyn Maass
UCO Student School Psychology Association (SSPA)
The UCO Student School Psychology Association (SSPA) is a group of undergraduate and graduate level students whose interests are to promote, research, represent and unite the field of school psychology on the University of Central Oklahoma's campus.
Faculty Adviser: Dr. Scott Singleton
The Psychology Living Learning Community is open to students who wish to pursue a major in psychology. The community introduces students to the role psychology and human behavior plays in our daily lives. Students in this community live on campus with other psychology majors, engage with experts in the field and examine possible career paths and enroll in a section of PSY 1103: General Psychology coordinated specifically for LLC students. To apply, contact UCO housing at housing.uco.edu
Psychology Living Learning Community