Due to continued impacts of the ice storm, UCO will be closed Thursday and Friday, Oct. 29-30. All classes and activities are cancelled. Offices are closed.
UCO TeacherPath Program
Oklahoma Alternative Teacher Certification Completion
Do you need assistance in completing your alternative teaching certification? The UCO TeacherPath program provides personalized resources to help you accomplish the next steps in your teaching career! This program serves as a guided pathway for alternatively and emergency certified secondary educators in Oklahoma to help fulfill their certification completion requirements.
- Classroom management and pedagogical classes are offered in a blended learning format of both online and in-person face-to-face time with instructors and peers.
- Receive personalized help from program faculty advisers to work with your schedule and help you find the right courses.
- Required classes are offered year-round.
- Course credits count towards a Master’s in Secondary Education from the University of Central Oklahoma.
Steps to Being Admitted
- Schedule a meeting with our Coordinator of Teacher Certification to discuss alternative certification requirements.
- Apply to the UCO Jackson College of Graduate Studies
- Contact Karis Barnett or Mike Nelson, TeacherPath program coordinators, to begin building your personalized program schedule.
CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENT
ESFR 5533/PTE 4930 Managing Secondary Classrooms
- 3 Credit Hours
- This course meets the OSDE classroom management requirement.
ESFR 5523/PTE 4930 Designing Instruction For Secondary Students
ESFR 5623/PTE 4930 Secondary Class Assessment
ESFR 5333/PTE 4930 Meeting Secondary Students’ Need
ESFR 5153 Advanced Developmental Psychology
ESFR 5203 Advanced Educational Psychology
- 3 Credit Hours
- These courses meet the OSDE pedagogy requirement
- UCO Tuition Calculator
- UCO Teacher Education Services Department
- Troops to Teachers
- Visit the Oklahoma State Department of Education (OSDE) website for more information and eligibility requirements on applying for an alternative certification.