Inez Miller Conference on Communication Sciences and Disorders
The Inez Miller Conference on Communication Sciences and Disorders is hosted annually by the Speech-Language Pathology program at UCO and is designed to provide continuing education opportunities to those in the Speech-Language Pathology and associated fields. The event is held in honor of Mrs. Inez Miller, a former Oklahoma teacher with an abiding love for children, who experienced hearing loss in her later years and was sensitive to those who have difficulty with communication. Her generous gifts to the UCO Foundation support the UCO Inez Miller Endowed Chair, student scholarships, graduate research assistants and the Inez Miller Conference.
Approved CE Activity
This program is offered for .6 CEUs (intermediate level; professional area). ASHA CE provider approval does not imply endorsement of course content, specific products or clinical procedures. This program has been approved for CEUs by the Oklahoma Speech-Language-Hearing Association (OSHA) who is approved by the Continuing Education Board of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) to provide continuing education activities in speech-language pathology and audiology.
2020 Inez Miller Conference
- Date – Saturday, April 4, 2020
- Location – UCO Nigh University Center
- Presentation - Current and Future Directions in Swallowing Assessment and Treatment
2020 Conference Featured Speaker
BONNIE MARTIN-HARRIS, PH.D.
Alice Gabrielle Twight Professor and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders School of Communication
Past Conference Presentations
- 2019: Dr. Barry Guitar - The Treatment of Stuttering at All Ages
- 2018: Dr. Mary Kennedy - Executive Functions & Self-Regulation after Traumatic Brain Injury: Coaching towards Independence
- 2017: Dr. Pamela A. Hadley - Grammatical Assessment and Intervention in a Sentence-Focused Framework: Targeting Verbs and Sentence Diversity
- 2016: Dr. Christine Sapienza - Respiratory Strength Training
- 2015: Dr. Brian A. Goldstein - Assessing and Treating the Speech and Language Skills of Bilingual Children