Effective Monday, May 24, 2021, UCO will no longer mandate the use of masks or social distancing. Those who have not been vaccinated should continue to wear a mask to protect themselves and others. Those who have been vaccinated may continue to voluntarily wear a mask if they choose.
Important resources: COVID-19 Testing | Report Exposure/Positive Test | Vaccine Information | COVID-19 Vaccination Self-Reporting | Virtual Services | COVID-19 Website
Donna Nigh Advanced Professional & Special Services
The Donna Nigh Department of Advanced Professional and Special Services, named in honor of the former First Lady of both the State of Oklahoma and UCO, includes several undergraduate and graduate programs. In addition to preparing educators who are ready to step out of the classroom and into fields which provide advanced levels of student and faculty support, the department also offers degrees for those pursuing professional careers in guidance and counseling, instructional media education, educational leadership, reading, special education, and speech-language pathology.
All programs are designed to prepare students for strong professional careers through transformative learning opportunities guided by experienced and well-trained faculty and staff in modern, collaborative and diverse learning environments.
- Bachelor of Science in Education in Special Education – Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Bachelor of Science in Education in Special Education – Severe-Profound/Multiple Disabilities
- Bachelor of Science in Speech-Language Pathology
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership
- Master of Education in School Counseling
- Master of Education in Library Media Education-Online
- Master of Education in Reading
- Master of Education in Special Education – Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Master of Education in Special Education – Severe-Profound/Multiple Disabilities
- Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology
Certification Preparation Programs
- Library Media Specialist Certification
- Principal Certification
- Preparation for Reading Specialist Certification
- School Counselor Certification
- Speech-Language Pathology Certification