Curriculum & Instruction
Since its founding in 1890, UCO’s commitment to providing a strong teacher education program has remained a top priority. The Department of Curriculum and Instruction provides high-quality preparation programs for the teaching profession and currently remains among the top universities in the state for teacher preparation graduates. Alumni of the early childhood and elementary education undergraduate programs are often recognized as being some of the most comprehensively prepared beginning teachers in Oklahoma.
All programs provide many opportunities for professional scholarly/creative accomplishments, classroom clinical teaching experiences, and global learning activities such as study tours and international practicums. Visit the Teacher Education Services page for more information regarding certifications, clinical experiences, student teaching and admissions to the teacher education program.
- Bachelor of Science in Education in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Science in Education in Elementary Education
- Master of Education in Bilingual Education
- Master of Education in Early Childhood Education
- Master of Education in Teaching and Learning in PreK-6
Certification Preparation Programs
- Initial Oklahoma Licensure in Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, and Oklahoma Elementary Math Specialist
Tuition Waiver Application