UCO has temporarily shifted most in-person classes to synchronous virtual delivery through Jan. 31. Campus facilities and services will remain open and offer in-person and virtual options. COVID-19 protocols remain in place. Masks are required on campus when around others. Students, faculty and staff who are directly exposed to or test positive for COVID-19 should fill out UCO's COVID-19 Self-Reporting form. To learn more about current operations, view the university's coronavirus webpage.
Center for Active Living and Learning
Welcome to the Center for Active Living and Learning (CALL) at UCO! This center is dedicated to health and fitness in those who are 60 years of age and older. Students and faculty from the Department of Kinesiology and Health Studies work together to lead group fitness classes and coordinate health education workshops. Classes are held year-round at UCO and various locations throughout Cleveland, Canadian, Logan and Oklahoma counties. The CALL staff is committed to providing quality exercise programs and health education to assist with all types of fitness needs. For more information, contact CALL at 405-974-5309 or email@example.com.
CALL classes are located at the UCO Wellness Center on campus. Parking is an additional fee on campus, and participants may purchase an annual wellness center parking pass for CALL classes for $35. See the UCO campus map for direction information.
CALL exists to promote healthy living and lifelong learning throughout the lifespan with particular emphasis on UCO students and older adults. The goals of the center are:
- Provide fitness-based transformative learning opportunities for UCO students working with adults of all ages;
- Offer fitness programming, instruction, and assessments to older adults in the metropolitan community;
- Strengthen partnerships with community agencies providing services that promote health aging;
- Facilitate interdisciplinary research on issues related to aging, activity, and learning; and,
- Engage with the metropolitan community through intergenerational service learning opportunities.