Earn Your Master of Science in Business Analytics at UCO
The Master of Science (M.S.) in business analytics from the University of Central Oklahoma's College of Business is a STEM-designated degree that will equip you with data-analysis skills and business knowledge that will set you up for success.
Our small classes are taught by supportive and experienced faculty who will teach you how to analyze, interpret and forecast large amounts of data, also referred to as big data. UCO business analytics faculty provide a connection-building environment, which results in quality, personalized instruction.
With the convenience and affordability of the master's program, the UCO MSBA is ideal for students who want to develop the technical and analytical skills needed to make informed business decisions. All courses are delivered in person at UCO's main campus in Edmond or downtown Oklahoma City campuses. The master's degree in business analytics at UCO can be finished in as little as two years.
Why Earn an MSBA from UCO?
UCO’s MSBA program is a Tier-3 SAS Academic Specialization program, designated by the SAS Insitute. SAS is the global leader in analytics, machine learning, data science and artificial intelligence (AI). The Tier-3 designation is the most advanced analytics education level and provides the best benefits for students seeking careers in the growing field of data analytics.
The UCO MSBA is accredited by AACSB International—the highest distinction a business school can receive worldwide. This accreditation is held by less than 5% of business schools worldwide. It demonstrates that our program meets rigorous standards for quality and is dedicated to continuous improvement.
M.S. in Business Analytics Curriculum
The STEM-designated, 32-credit-hour MSBA program will equip you with the understanding of principles used in data analysis for business decision-making. You will be provided with hands-on, transformative learning experiences with real-world data. Through core courses and electives letting you develop a specialization, you’ll cultivate the skills necessary for standing out and growing your potential. As a student in the UCO MSBA program, you will receive embedded SAS certifications and discounted SAS certification exams, as well as a digital badge from SAS. All courses are delivered in person at our Edmond or downtown Oklahoma City campuses.
No matter your undergraduate degree, UCO's MSBA will expand your knowledge and help you identify:
- Market or product trends;
- Ways to raise customer satisfaction;
- New opportunities to create a competitive advantage; and,
- New avenues to increase operational efficiency.
MSBA Program Courses and Technology
- Advanced Business Statistics (SAS Studio)
- Managing Analytics
- Spreadsheet Modeling (Microsoft Excel, Analytic Solver)
- Managerial and Operational Analytics (Microsoft Excel)
- Financial Modeling and Analytics
- Programming for Analytics (Python)
- Marketing Analytics (SAS Studio, Microsoft Excel)
- Database Foundation for Analytics (Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL)
- Applied Analytics (Machine learning, data mining, predictive modeling, SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Studio)
- Advanced Applied Analytics Text analytics/mining, advanced Python machine learning, deep learning, capstone project with real-world data)
A Program that Sets You Up For Success
The goals for graduates of UCO's M.S. in business analytics are:
- The ability to understand, manage and improve analytics processes within a business;
- The ability to identify appropriate big data technologies to support analytics goals within a business;
- The ability to create and present a professional, meaningful representation of business data;
- The ability to determine the best analysis model to apply for a variety of business cases covering multiple disciplines and industries; and,
- The ability to write and present a business proposal based on data analysis of a real-world business case.
UCO MSBA Alumni Spotlight
MSBA Admission Requirements
Admission is competitive and meeting the admission requirements alone does not guarantee acceptance.
Admission requirements include:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree from an appropriately accredited institution; and,
- Overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or greater is strongly encouraged.
Required Documents for Applying to the MSBA Program
- Application for UCO Graduate Admission
- A 500-word letter of application expressing interest in the program and providing any additional information you believe will be helpful for admission decisions
- Current resume**
- Evidence of English language proficiency. See Graduate Admissions Information – English Language Proficiency (p. 17)
- Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts from each institution attended with all degrees posted. All transcripts must be from appropriately accredited institutions
**The MSBA admissions committee recommends applicants have one to two years of industry experience, although this is not strictly required.
Candidates should be willing to participate in a Zoom/phone interview.
An approximate cost can be calculated via the tuition calculator.
Careers with an MSBA
Data-savvy managers are needed to pose the right analysis questions, interpret and challenge the results, then make the appropriate business decisions. The UCO MSBA program will engage you in practical, hands-on and transformative learning experiences with real-world data.
This degree is categorized as a STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) designated degree program per federal government categories (USCIS STEM). The degrees enumerated in the expanded STEM designation list qualify for a 24-month optional practical training (OPT) extension for F-1 nonimmigrant students (USCIS F1).
Roles span general to specialized skill sets. Potential job titles include:
- Operations research analysts;
- Data scientist;
- Business analyst; and,
- Management analyst.
UCO MSBA Application Deadlines
For early admission decisions, apply by:
- Fall semester: June 15 and,
- Spring semester, Oct. 15.
Once accepted into the UCO MSBA program, we recommend a Windows laptop with a 64-bit version of Windows 10 installed, an i7 processor, 16GB of RAM and a 1TB hard drive, which will provide optimal performance. For students looking for an alternative, the minimum requirement is a 64-bit version of Windows installed on a laptop (preferable) or a desktop having an i5 (2.6GHz) processor, 4GB RAM and 300GB hard disk.
Connect with the UCO MSBA
Director of Business Graduate Enrollment
Business Graduate Adviser
Terry Williams, Ph.D.
MSBA Program Director
Faculty Focused on your learning
Chief Executive Officer, InterWorks
Director of Campus Enterprises Administration, University of Central Oklahoma
Senior Data Scientist, American Fidelity
Wayne G. Miller
Senior Account Executive, SAS