Task Force Charge
This group is charged with 1) defining the metrics, mechanism and process for measuring the alignment of all academic, student and institutional service programs, projects and centers and 2) defining the metrics, mechanism and process to facilitate university decision-making related to the allocation of financial resources to these academic, student and institutional service programs, projects and centers across the institution.
As representatives of our campus community, recommendations made by the task force should reflect the mission, vision and values of our university.
This task force will consider the following in their work:
- Review best practices against other relevant institutions with a focus on those in which both the institution and the students are thriving.
- Inform their understanding of current strengths and areas of concern of our current funding allocation method by gathering and considering feedback from within the campus community.
- Think and reach beyond departmental, college and divisional boundaries.
- Provide a balanced, holistic and innovative perspective acknowledging that our current allocation method is inadequate if we are to thrive in the new education economy.
- Make recommendations that enhance the university’s ability to make informed decisions quickly and empower the university to respond nimbly to opportunities and threats in the education industry and in our state.
The final report and deliverables are requested by June 30, 2020.
Over the following year, the University will work to implement the recommendations of the task force and prepare an aligned allocation strategy in consultation with the faculty, staff and students of the university.