Skip navigation

Important Update:

The University of Central Oklahoma physical campus will be closed to all but essential employees through May 31.
Alternative instructional delivery methods will be used for the rest of the spring semester, May intersession courses and summer blocks I and II. Many university services will continue to be available online. For more information, visit the university's COVID-19 website.

Have a question? Look for the answer here.

How long does it take to go through the admissions process?

Once all application materials are received, a decision is usually reached within five business days.  Notifications will be sent via email or mail.

Back to the top ↑

I don’t meet the automatic admissions standard. Will I still be admitted?

At the University of Central Oklahoma, students have the opportunity to appeal a denied admissions decision.  For the committee to consider your appeal, follow the steps listed below: 

Undergraduate Admissions
100 N. University Dr, Box 151
Nigh University Center, Room 124
Edmond, OK 73034

Appeals are reviewed on a weekly basis.  It may take up to a week to receive initial communication from the Appeals Committee.

Back to the top ↑


What does it mean to be considered an out-of-state/non-resident student?

The University of Central Oklahoma is a state-supported institution of higher education supported by legislative funds derived from state of Oklahoma tax revenue.  As a state, tax-supported institution, the university gives preference in state tuition pricing to residents of Oklahoma. 

Students may petition for in-state/resident status by filling out a Residency Petition Form

Back to the top ↑


Is the application fee transferable or refundable?

The undergraduate admissions application fee at the University of Central Oklahoma is a processing fee that is valid for the term in which the student applied.  As a processing fee, it is non-transferable to other terms and non-refundable.

 Back to the top ↑


Can I defer or waive my admissions application fee?

Students who qualify for an ACT Fee Waiver or free and reduced lunch may request to have the admissions application fee deferred to their UCO account. Students are responsible for the admissions application fee regardless of their decision to attend Central. Also, students who participate in federally funded TRiO programs, such as Upward Bound, may request to have their admissions application fee waived. Request to Waive or Defer Admissions Application Fee.

 Back to the top ↑


What does "admissions term" mean?

Admissions term refers to the semester a student plans to start classes at UCO.

 Back to the top ↑


Can undocumented students apply for admissions?

The University of Central Oklahoma welcomes all undergraduate applicants regardless of citizenship status.  Undocumented Students, with or without Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status, should follow the same application procedure for all other UCO applicants.

Back to the top ↑


Student Applicant Review Board

Students who have been charged or convicted of a felony crime will need to provide further information for a review by the Student Applicant Review Board (SARB). More information about the review process by the SARB.


Previous Suspensions or Expulsions

Students who have been suspended, expelled, or placed on probation at a previous college or university will need to meet with the Director of Student Conduct for a review of the previous matter(s). More information about the review process with the Director of Student Conduct.

Students having a discussion

Find Your Program!

mortar board Explore Majors