Third Party (Proxy) Access
What is Third Party?
Third Party Access lets the student create accounts for parents, spouses, employers, etc., (the proxies) that allow the proxy to view the student's UCO information. Information accessed can include student records for the financial account, financial aid, registration, transcript, grades and other personal information, either online or when the Third Party is talking to UCO by phone.
Who (Which Students) Can Create and Set Up Third Party Access?
Freshmen regularly admitted Fall 2013 and after will see a Third Party Access link on the Academics tab on UCONNECT. Other students may gain access by emailing a request to email@example.com from their UCO email account. Students must include their UCO ID number and name, and include "Request for Third Party Access" in the subject line. Sorry, but we will not accept requests from a personal email or from the parent or from others. The request must come from the student.
Who is in Control?
The student! The student determines who the Third Parties are and what information they can access and for how long. A student may give parents access to the transcript for the student's entire stay at UCO, or the student may give an insurance company access for one week to verify the student's enrollment for a term.
Limitations of Third Party Access
The Third Parties can only view information; they can't change anything. This means students can't allow a parent or spouse to enroll for them.
Unfortunately, Third Party Access also doesn't allow the Third Party to make a tuition/fees paid for their student. To do this, the student must go through UCONNECT and set up a Third Party authorization on the Touchnet payment system, where the Third Party will have a separate login. When this is setup, the student and the Third Party will both receive bills. We apologize for you having to log on different systems, and we hope to have these steps merged in the future." For more information about payments, click here.
A profile must first be created for the Third Party by the student, as detailed in the section above. Below is the process the Third Party can expect to be followed.
- The student will create a profile on UCONNECT using the name and email Third Parties, and will then designate which information sections/forms which the Third Party may view.
- During this setup process, the new Third Party will recover an email containing a web link and an "Action PIN." Click here to set up your Third Party Access page.
- Once the email is received, the Third Party may visit the Third Party Access page.
The link and Action PIN will enable the Third Party to access to the system. This is where the Third Party will create and maintain their login credentials and other personal information.
The student will also create a "Passphrase" for the Third Party.
- This Passphrase will allow the Third Party to verify their identity when contacting UCO administrators via phone or in person.
- When contacted by the Third Party on the student's behalf, UCO will ask the Third Party for the passphrase. Upon a correct response, UCO could then discuss with the Third Party information authorized by the student.
Please be aware that individual faculty members do not have access to the Third Party information system.