Regalia, Announcements and Photos
Students can purchase caps and gowns from the UCO Bookstore. Contact the bookstore at email@example.com or 405-974-2736 regarding caps, gowns, announcements or any other graduation regalia.
Information regarding announcements and other graduation items such as class rings can be obtained at the Nigh University Center's Barnes & Noble bookstore, 405-974-2736. Announcements and other graduation products may also be ordered online at Herff Jones.
Commencement photos provided by Graduation Foto.
All degree candidates must wear the appropriate navy blue academic regalia to participate in commencement, which includes the traditional cap, gown, and tassel. These are sold as a package and may be purchased at the Barnes & Noble Bookstore during Graduation Central through the end of the semester.
- The cap and gown are formal attire and required to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Dark slacks with black shoes for men and black shoes for women are appropriate attire.
- The cap should be worn straight on the head, tassel to the right-front for undergraduates.
- Caps should be worn at all times except during the National Anthem when men should remove their caps.
- Graduates will not be allowed to carry items (purses, computers, video cameras, notebooks) in the processional. Please locate a safe secure spot so these items do not interfere with pictures and receiving the diploma on stage.
Regalia - Undergraduate
Tassel colors are as follows:
College of Fine Arts and Design - Chocolate Brown (Pink, Music majors only)
College of Education and Professional Studies - Light Blue
College of Business - Drab
College of Liberal Arts - Kelly Green
College of Mathematics and Science - Gold
Associate - Gray
Academic Honor Cord Colors
Summa Cum Laude - Gold
Magna Cum Laude - Silver
Cum Laude - White
Regalia - Graduate
Tassel colors for Master's graduates are Blue and Gold
The University of Central Oklahoma's colors are blue and gold, hence these colors on the hood. The velvet trim on the hood signifies the scholar's field. For example, a Master of Education recipient will have his blue and gold hood trimmed in light blue; a Master of Science recipient will have her blue and gold hood trimmed in golden yellow.
STLR Transformation Graduation Cord Colors
- Global & Cultural Competencies: Orange
- Health & Wellness: Green
- Leadership: Blue
- Research, Creative & Scholarly Activities: Pink
- Service Learning & Civic Engagement: Purple