UCO COVID-19 protocols remain in place for the spring 2021 semester. Masks are required on campus when around others.
Important resources: COVID-19 Testing | Report Exposure/Positive Test | On-Campus Vaccine Clinic | COVID-19 Vaccination Self-Reporting | Virtual services | COVID-19 website
Spring 2021 Commencement Ceremony Schedule Announced
UCO spring 2021 commencement will take place May 7-8, at Wantland Stadium. Ceremonies will include spring and summer 2021 graduates as well as 2020 alumni. Ceremonies will be livestreamed for guests who cannot attend in person.
Below is the list of ceremonies and times:
- 10 a.m. Friday, May 7: Colleges of Education and Professional Studies and Fine Arts and Design;
- 2 p.m. Friday, May 7: Jackson College of Graduate Studies and College of Business; and,
- 10 a.m. Saturday, May 8: Colleges of Liberal Arts and Mathematics and Science.
Students eligible to graduate can still register to attend commencement through May 6. The Old North Walk will take place, weather permitting.
If a ceremony is canceled due to inclement weather, it will be rescheduled for Saturday, May 8, and Sunday, May 9, if weather permits.
Students that register will receive a link to download up to four guest tickets. Guests must maintain socially distanced seating in groups of four within Wantland Stadium. Masks are required for students and guests.
Metal detectors will be used at the gates for all participants. Guests and students are asked to minimize the number of items carried inside. Students must wear flat-soled shoes to participate in commencement.
The UCO office of Information Technology will livestream the spring 2021 Commencement Ceremonies from Wantland Stadium.
For questions and more information, email UCO commencement.
Central is preparing to have COVID-19 protocols in place for each of its in-person graduation ceremonies. Every event will require a mask to be worn by all participants. Entry will be denied without a mask.
To accommodate physical distancing and other public health guidelines, some modifications to the ceremony may be necessary.
Here are some tips and guidelines for UCO Commencement participants:
- Masks are required for participation. Participants can remove their mask as they approach and cross the stage and then put back on while returning to their seat. All guests six years and older are required to wear a mask;
- If you need ADA accommodations to participate in commencement, notify UCOcommencement@uco.edu;
- To help protect the field inside Wantland Stadium, flat-soled shoes will be required for entry. If you have pointed heels you will be asked to remove your shoes or watch the ceremony from stadium seats;
- Ceremonies will be streamed live for those that cannot attend;
- To participate in the Old North Walk, arrive in Plunket Park one hour before your ceremony begins, weather permitting;
- If no more than two ceremonies are canceled due to severe weather, those ceremonies will be rescheduled Saturday, May 8 or Sunday, May 9. Watch social media for updates on weather;
- Regalia will be on sale in the Barnes and Noble Bookstore in the Nigh University Center until May 7;
- This spring master’s students will not be hooded by faculty during the ceremony;
- Children three years and younger do not need tickets;
- Metal detectors will be used at entries, participants and guests should minimize belongings;
- Students will be screened by metal detectors before entering the stadium, no backpacks or purses allowed;
- Guests will sit in pods of four, no larger unless with infants or children age three and younger;
- No guests, including children, will be allowed on the field. Photographers will be on the field to take student’s pictures as they cross the stage; and,
- Faculty will be sent links to participate as a faculty marshal or to march in with students.
Congratulations to all of our graduates!
Graduation is an important milestone in the lives of students and their families. More than 300 UCO staff and faculty volunteer their time to make every commencement ceremony special for each graduate. Our goal is to make the experience as stress-free and safe for all of our graduating students and those in attendance.Herff Jones website. STLR transformation graduation cords may also be picked up from the UCO Barnes & Noble Bookstore.
For more information regarding regalia, call the UCO Barnes & Noble Bookstore at 405-974-2736 or email.
Information regarding announcements and other graduation items such as class rings can be obtained through the Nigh University Center's Barnes & Noble bookstore, 405-974-2736. Announcements and other graduation products may also be ordered online at Herff Jones.