Course Repeat Form
Students may receive up to four repeats their entire college career. Repeats can only be utilized in courses in which the original grade is a “D” or “F”. Students are only allowed to apply the repeat policy to the first four repeats for a maximum of 18 credit hours. The original grade will be retained on the transcript, but whenever approved, the original grade will not calculate into the Graduation/Retention GPA. If you wish to request a repeat be marked on your transcript please fill out the following form.
Academic Reprieve Policy
An academic reprieve is utilized in extraordinary situations in which a student has done poorly in an entire enrollment semester due to extenuating circumstances which, in the judgment of the appropriate institutional officials, warrant excluding those grades in calculating the student’s undergraduate retention and graduation GPAs.
In order to apply for an academic reprieve, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- At least three years must have elapsed since the completion of the semester for which the reprieve is requested.
- Prior to the time the reprieve is made, the student must have:
- Earned a minimum of 12 UCO hours of regularly graded course work, excluding activity and performance courses.
- Earned a GPA of 2.0 or higher in ALL regularly graded course work excluding activity and performance courses.
- Earned no grade below a “C” in regularly graded coursework. UCO will not consider any request for reprieve where the student has earned a grade of “D” or “F” after the semester requested for a reprieve.
3. Students may request a reprieve for up to two consecutive semesters. The University, however, may choose to grant the request for only one (or neither) of the semesters. Consecutive semesters can be, for example, Fall 2010 and Fall 2013, as long as no coursework has been attempted between these semesters.
4. The student may not receive more than one academic reprieve during his/her academic career.