STLR Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff carry out UCO’s mission of providing transformative learning experiences to students – thereby helping them become well-rounded, employable, citizens and leaders. STLR is the way we do Transformative Learning at UCO by: providing training to faculty and staff, a way to measure student growth and a record of students’ experiences across the Central Six Tenets.
Why should you get involved with STLR?
- Help UCO meet its mission
- Integrate into the UCO culture
- Enhance your teaching and interactions with students
- Broaden their experiences to make them more career-ready
- Engage students to improve their chances at academic success
- Deepen student learning through prompting them to critically reflect
Connect to STLRUCO faculty and staff get involved with STLR by:
- Attending STLR Training: 2, 3-hour modules for initial training; then opportunities for refresher and other training, which are part of UCO’s 21st Century Pedagogy Institute. Search for "STLR" in the UCO Learning Center.
- STLR-Tagging Activities: Build new, or enhance existing, assignments, events, student groups, and out-of-class projects; match to one or more STLR tenets, then request to STLR-tag them.
- Telling about STLR: Explain STLR to students using resources from the D2L STLR Resources shell and our YouTube channel, following the STLR Style Guide; and do research on STLR activities and present about it to add to their CVs!
- Giving students STLR credit: After STLR-tagging activities, collect UCO ID swipes at events/locations, upload attendee lists, or collect student reflections and assess them using the STLR rubric.
Contact the STLR office, firstname.lastname@example.org, 405-974-5570, or any of the Transformative Learning Liaisons, Central Six Tenet Liaisons, or STLR Department Ambassadors.
|STLR is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial ShareAlike 4.0 International License by the University of Central Oklahoma.|