STLR Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff carry out UCO’s mission of providing transformative learning experiences to students – thereby helping them become well-rounded, employable, citizens and leaders. STLR is the way we do Transformative Learning at UCO, providing training to faculty and staff, a way to measure student growth, and a record of students’ experiences across the Central Six Tenets.
Why should you get involved with STLR?
- Help UCO meet its mission
- Integrate into the UCO culture
- Enhance your teaching and interactions with students
- Broaden their experiences to make them more career-ready
- Engage students to improve their chances of academic success
- Deepen student learning through prompting them to critically reflect
- Attend STLR Training (2, 3-hour modules for initial training; ongoing Refresher and other training opportunities), which are part of UCO’s 21st Century Pedagogy Institute.
- Build new, or enhance existing, assignments, events, student groups, and out-of-class projects, then request to STLR-tag them.
- Advertise STLR to your students using resources from the D2L STLR Resources shell, including our STLR Style Guide.
- Give students STLR credit by collecting UCO ID swipes at events/locations or by collecting student reflections and assessing them using the STLR rubric.