URA Grant Budget Guidelines
- Provide clarification regarding the "supplies" that you need to purchase for your project (i.e., please provide a quote for each item; you should obtain the quote from a reputable source, such as a supply company catalog or on-line catalog).
- Provide clarification/justification regarding the "printing costs" associated with your project (i.e., a quote [cost per page] from a print shop [UCO Printing Services, 974-2301], the number of pages you will need to print, a description of what you will be printing and why you need to print the information, etc.). Posters for Oklahoma Research Day are to be printed at no charge via your academic college.
- Note that we are unable to purchase office supplies (reams of paper, ink cartridges) with URA Grant funds. If you need to print surveys, please provide a quote [cost per page] from a print shop [UCO Printing Services, 974-2301], how many pages you will need to print, what you will be printing and why you need to print the information, etc.
- Note that we are unable to use URA Grant money to purchase and install software on your personal computer. Check with your department if there is available technology for checkout for research trips.
- We are unable to use URA grant money as an incentive to pay (in the form of a personal check, gift card, money order, etc.) individuals to participate in student URA research projects.
- All equipment, technology, and supplies purchased with university funds remain property of the university.
- Provide clarification regarding your estimate for travel expenses (where and when will your conference(s) take place; please provide an estimate of travel costs, including airfare, mileage, registration costs, etc.). You might find the UCO Travel Services website to be useful in gathering this information.
- Note that we are not able to use URA Grant money to cover transportation costs to/from Oklahoma Research Day. The Office of High Impact-Practices will provide transportation for the event for all students (i.e., we plan to charter several buses for Oklahoma Research Day).
- Note that we are not able to use URA Grant money to reimburse your travel to/from the UCO campus.
- Note if you include mileage in your proposed budget, you must use federal/state mileage rates (for current mileage rates, see the UCO Travel Services website.
- Note that we are unable to use URA Grant money to pay any course fees or tuition related to study tours. Funds are available for independent research if you are staying abroad before or after the study abroad class.