Student Travel Presentation Grants
The Travel Grant is not available for 2020-2021 academic year. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Student RCSA Travel Presentation Grant supports air travel for students to present their research, creative and scholarly activities at professional meetings and conferences.
(Funding available for first authors only)
- This grant program is intended as air travel support for presentations and not for conducting research or attending conferences.
- Students may apply at any time, will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis, and can receive only one award per academic year.
- Students must have, in hand, a written acceptance for them to formally present some type of research, creative or scholarly activity at a scholarly conference.
- Students must commit to submitting an abstract/poster and participating in Oklahoma Research Day upon which the support of the OHIP is acknowledged.
- The maximum approved request will be up to $500 which must be used for air travel only during the current academic year.
- Airfare must be a direct purchase by the university with tickets booked through the Travel Office. All other bookings will be denied.
TRAVEL NOTE: Travelers holding an Oklahoma driver’s license may need a second form of identification, such as a passport, to clear security and board a commercial airliner. Due to Oklahoma’s non-compliance with specification in the Real ID Act. REAL ID is a coordinated effort by the states and the Federal Government to improve the reliability and accuracy of state-issued identification documents, which should inhibit terrorists’ ability to evade detection by using fraudulent identification. REAL ID implements a 9/11 Commission recommendation urging the federal government to “set standards for the issuance of sources of identification, such as driver's licenses.” The majority of states have complied with the act or have received extensions to come into compliance. For more information, check with the REAL ID FAQ and Oklahoma news about REAL ID.