RCSA Grant Application and Evaluation Info
Examples of completed narratives that are to be submitted as part of the application:
More information on sources and compiling a narrative can be found at the UCO Chambers Library.
Students must turn in one electronic copy by Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020.
The electronic copy will be submitted on the application website. Emailed/handwritten copies will not be considered.
Students and faculty mentors will be informed before finals week of the spring 2020 semester whether their proposal was recommended for funding.
Students must work with their faculty mentor when writing their grant proposal. Proposals that are poorly written or do not follow the criteria will not be considered for funding.
Criteria for proposals
- Proposals are limited to 1,000 words, 12-point font, double-spaced, with one-inch margins.
- Proposals should be written so they can be understood by a reader outside of the discipline or area of study.
- Illustrations and figures are acceptable.
- If the project involves human subjects or non-human, vertebrate animals, the student must get approval from the Institutional Review Board (IRB) or Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). Although IRB or IACUC approval is not necessary upon proposal submission, approval is required before the student can begin their project. If applicable, the student must provide verification for all local, state, or federal regulations before they conduct their research (i.e., collecting permits, etc.).
- Proposal budgets should be created with the RCSA Budget Guidelines in mind.
Proposals will be reviewed by the Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities Team (URCAT) and the Research Advisory Council (RAC) at UCO. If there is a conflict of interest for a specific proposal, the member of URCAT or the RAC must recuse himself/herself from the review process of that proposal.
Proposals will be evaluated based on criteria established by members of the URCAT and RAC.
We reserve the right to send proposals out for external review.
Please feel free to contact any of the representatives from your college that serve on the Research Advisory Council (RAC) and the Undergraduate Research Creative Activities Team (URCAT) or the office at email@example.com.