Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to help you demonstrate your knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your professional capabilities.
Why register for a micro-credential?
- Gain knowledge and expertise on your desired subject from UCO professors who have crafted these micro-credentials through experience and education.
- You choose what you learn. These offerings give you the freedom to learn what you want, without the financial and time commitments of a formal degree.
- It gives you an additional layer of experience and expertise to showcase to future employers.
- They take less time to earn than a degree, giving you a competitive edge when applying for internships and jobs while you continue to pursue your formal degree.
Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles.
- Applied Critical Thinking
- Applied Servant Leadership
- Audience-Driven Writing and Research
- Black Male Summit
- Change Management for Leaders in Health Care
- Cloud Web App Development
- College-to-Career Transition
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Computer Architecture and Assembly Language Programming
- Cyber Operations
- Digital Accessibility Foundations
- Digital Accessibility Planning
- Digital Evidence
- Digital Logic Design
- Diversity and Inclusion Budgeting
- Diversity and Inclusion Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Diversity and Inclusion Event Planning and Logistics
- Diversity and Inclusion Public Speaking
- Diversity and Inclusion Risk Management
- Diversity Leadership Institute
- Diversity Peer Educator
- Effective Communication
- Flutter Mobile App Development
- Food and Beverage Service Professionals
- Incident Analysis and Response
- Intercultural Competency
- Intro to Forensic Science
- Java Gui and Software Design Patterns
- Leading Effective Teams
- Modular Synthesis 1
- Persuasive Presentation Techniques
- Practical Skills for Editors
- Pro Tools 101
- Process Improvement for Nursing
- Professional Networking
- PROs and Sound Exchange
- Python Fundamentals
- Raspberry Pi and Cloud Web Interface
- Registering a Music Copyright
- Training and Development
- Technical Composition for Diverse Audiences
- Transforming Justice, Leadership and the Community
- Secure System Administration
- Workplace Soft Skills
- Writing and Research for Scientific Purposes
What is a digital badge?
A digital badge is a digital indicator of an accomplishment or skill which can be issued, accessed, displayed and verified online. It is shown as an icon that can be clicked to view information, such as issuing institution, the date earned, the criteria required to earn the badge and the evidence that shows that you have met the required criteria. Once you earn a badge, you own it, so you may use it however you wish. Examples include adding it to your social media websites, including LinkedIn, or adding it to your digital resume or portfolio.
What is a Micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the offering's requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital badges can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.
LX Studio is UCO’s team of learning design experts who help university faculty, staff and departments along with professional organizations create industry-leading micro-credentials and badges.
Visit LX Studio to learn more about our services.