Through Jan. 28, the university is operating at Level 2. For classes, this means faculty will have the discretion to choose a fully remote, hybrid, extended classroom or fully in-person format. Masks will be mandatory for in-person classes.
Visit the COVID-19 website to report a positive test, symptoms or exposure, for vaccine and testing information and for other COVID-19 resources.
The UCO Faculty Handbook has been prepared by the Office of Academic Affairs to provide a reference for all faculty members. It contains information, policies and procedures relevant to the academic functions of the university. The Academic Policy Manual serves as an additional resource for the faculty, university administration, and staff and complements the information in the Faculty Handbook.
NOTE: Policies and procedures by federal law, state statute, the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education and the Regional University System of Oklahoma (RUSO), relevant to the operation of this university are italicized. They are hereby distinguished from policies and procedures established by the university and repeated verbatim. In case of a discrepancy between RUSO and UCO policies, RUSO policies will supersede UCO policies.
Changes in the Faculty Handbook will become effective at the beginning of each new academic year unless put into effect immediately by written authorization from the president. The Faculty Handbook may be modified, initiated, revoked or amended only in writing by authorization of the president. Substantive changes to the handbook will require written promulgation.
The Office of Academic Affairs will provide an annual review of the handbook and post the current version on the AA website before the beginning of the fall semester each year. New faculty members will be provided with the URL for the document.
Academic deans will receive a printed copy.
This edition of the UCO Faculty Handbook supersedes all previous handbooks.
Effective: August 2021
2021-22 UCO Faculty Handbook
- Substantive Changes to 2021-2022 Faculty Handbook
- Statements and Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 - University History, Organization, and Governance
- Chapter 2 - Faculty Policies and Procedures
- Chapter 3 - Classroom Policies and Procedures
- Chapter 4 - Employee Benefits, Procedures, and Selected Employee Policies
- Chapter 5 - References
- Appendix A - Administration Information
- Appendix B - Constitution, Bylaws, and Operating Code of the Faculty Senate
- Appendix C - Recruitment and Selection Procedures for Full-time Faculty
- Appendix D - Requirements, Recruitment, and Selection Procedures for Adjunct Faculty
- Appendix E - Tenure and Promotion (Forms used within T&P can be found here)
- Appendix F - Promotion Policy for Academic Personnel having Administrative Duties
- Appendix G - Faculty Grievance Board
- Appendix H - University Policy on Faculty Conduct
- Appendix I - Equal Opportunity Policy: Prohibiting Discrimination and Harassment as Defined, Including Sexual Harassment
- Appendix J - Intellectual Property Policy
- Appendix K - Students Affected by Military Call-Up/Mobilization
- Appendix L - Sabbatical Leave
- Appendix M - Revising the Faculty Handbook
- Appendix N - Faculty Merit-Credit Program
- Appendix O - Glossary of Terms and Abbreviations
- Appendix P - Emeritus Faculty Association
- Appendix Q - Policy for Use of Copyrighted Materials
- Appendix R - Faculty Exchange Guidelines