ELA's Alumni Network
One great benefit of the Educators’ Leadership Academy (ELA) is the opportunity it provides educational leaders to discuss their ideas and learn from each other. To fortify and continue to expand your personal and professional development after completing academies, ELA provides ongoing relevant networking through ELABORATE.
- ELABORATE is ELA’s continued alumni network, an avenue to expand and continue the conversations that began in your academy.
- ELABORATE exists to strengthen your development and connect with others through various opportunities including Coffee and Conversation, Mentor Meetups, Happy Hours and ELA Alumni Reunion events.
- By participating in ELABORATE functions, you will further your progress along the ELA compass aspirations: network, exploration, strategy and wisdom.
- ELABORATE strives to positively cultivate your network of relationships throughout higher education.
- ELABORATE sessions are free to attend and open to any ELA alumni, presenter or advisor.
- Registration is not required but encouraged for planning purposes.
Coffee and Conversation
Join ELA for a coffee, hot tea and topical presentation. Presentation topics vary from soft skills and relationship building to technological innovation and policies and procedures, they will be interactive with an active exchange of ideas. If you can’t come in person, Coffee and Conversation will also be available virtually so you can still learn from the valuable content presented to continue your professional development and knowledge acquisition. ELA will provide refreshments; you are encouraged to bring your own mug to help us be sustainable.
Reconnect with a mentor you discovered during your academy or someone you interviewed. Choose a focus of something to discuss, plan an agenda of talking points, keep notes and set goals. Can’t make the ELABORATE scheduled meeting time? What’s stopping you from emailing your mentor now and setting up another meeting time and place? RSVP is required for the Mentor Meetup as lunch will be provided by ELA.
Held at a local restaurant or lounge in central Oklahoma, Happy Hours are social events available to ELA alumni who want a place to reconnect away from the academic setting. Happy Hours have a come-and-go format with no formal programming. All food and beverages are to be purchased by attendees.
ELA Alumni Reunion
Held annually, the ELA Alumni Reunion welcomes back all alumni from the Academic Leadership Fellows Academy, Higher Education Department Chair Academy and the Transformative Leadership Academy (previously the Outstanding Professors Academy and Educational Administrators’ Academy) for a reception to celebrate the new graduates of the Transformative Leadership Academy. This academy was established in 1998 and is ELA’s longest-running academy. Celebrate the newest ELA alumni and commit to networking at our reception, this will be the perfect time to catch up with colleagues and share experiences. RSVP is required for the ELA Reunion as food and beverages will be provided by ELA.
How Can You Help?
Interested in hosting an ELABORATE event at your institution or virtually? Do you have a topic that would be a valuable presentation to ELA alumni? Is there a topic you need more information on and would like ELA to host a Coffee and Conversation event to explore? ELA invites you to help plan and lead a future ELABORATE. Contact us at email@example.com to discuss.