Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning (CETTL)
The Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning (CETTL) collaborates with other campus units and individuals to offer programs, services and resources to encourage, enhance and support faculty to help students learn. CETTL provides support and confidential consultations for individual faculty members and consistently promotes deep, transformative learning experiences for all students at UCO.
CETTL is comprised of four major programs: the 21st Century Pedagogy Institute, Educator's Leadership Academy, the Student Transformative Learning Record (STLR) and the Transformative Learning Conference.
CETTL supports faculty as they help students learn. CETTL provides professional and leadership development for teacher-scholars as they create environments and experiences that prompt and nurture transformative learning for students as well as for themselves. By helping faculty engage in the scholarship of teaching and learning, CETTL acts as a resource to assist faculty as they facilitate their students' achievement of learning outcomes, assess that achievement, and use the resulting information to continuously improve teaching and learning at UCO.
CETTL will become a nationally-recognized leader and resource for faculty professional development which enables teacher-scholars to create transformative learning environments and experiences for their students.
- Provide collaborative and mentorship opportunities for faculty to discuss student learning;
- Support faculty in their efforts to enhance learning in and out of the classroom;
- Bring research about facilitating learning to the attention of the university community;
- Advocate and recognize teaching excellence;
- Act as a resource for faculty as they plan, implement, enhance, and assess student learning; and,
- Promote the teacher-scholar model of faculty excellence within UCO’s ethos of providing transformative learning opportunities for our students.
Faculty voluntarily engage CETTL services in order to enhance and enrich their work as teacher-scholars within UCO’s transformative learning environment. Mindful of that trust, CETTL maintains the confidentiality of the individual faculty or groups of faculty with whom it works.
Addressing Racial and Social Injustice
“In times that underscore the ongoing need to not just denounce racism but to be anti-racist, CETTL, 21CPI, STLR, and ELA commit to accepting the challenge that we, UCO, and the nation must meet to bring justice and equity to our campus…” Read Full Letter