- Center for Civic Engagement
- American Democracy Project
- Calendar of Events
- New York Times
- Civic Health Index 2012
- Search for Your Elected Officials
American Democracy Project
Civic Engagement Center
Thatcher Hall, Room 121C
Follow us on Facebook
Center for Civic Engagement & American Democracy Project
We are in the progress of upgrading our website. Please check back soon for more great information about what we're doing on campus and how you can get involved!
The Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement (CIRCLE) & The American Democracy Project Want to Know: How Civically Engaged are YOU?!
To learn how Civically Engaged you are, please take the CIRCLE Civic Engagement Quiz!
Don't know where to go to vote?
Don't worry, ADP has you covered. Click here to find out where to vote, what your voting registration number is, as well as other valuable voting information.
Emergency Bill - MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD
Senate Bill 1540 – Professions and occupations; creating State Department of Health Professional Licensure. Effective date. Emergency.
What will this mean for your Licensure Board?
Look what happened in Illinois after they consolidated their state boards
Contact your legislator today….You have a voice..!!
Don't put calling your legislature off..!! they are considering this now and will be voting very soon. When talking to your legislature let them know that you are concerned about
- One person will be appointed over 17 agencies
- Leaves each board in tact with statutory duties, without staff
Loss of your boards institutional knowledge, history and specific ability to make appropriate decisions that focus on the specialty of your field:
- Risk losing institutional knowledge (who will be able to answer your pertinent questions pertaining to your licensure)
- Rules and laws could be created by MEGA board that are not appropriate to the needs of your field
- Is this what we want when facing health care worker shortages in Oklahoma
- Appointees and/or staff to the MEGA board might not truly represent your field or have time to meet the needs of your field
The following Licensure Boards will become a “Mega” Agency:
1. The Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners
2. The State Board of Chiropractic Examiners
3. The State Board of Cosmetology and Barbering
4. The Board of Dentistry
5. The State Board of Pharmacy
6. The Oklahoma Funeral Board
7. The State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision
8. The Oklahoma Board of Nursing
9. The Board of Examiners in Optometry
10. The State Board of Osteopathic Examiners
11. The State Board of Licensed Social Workers
12. The State Board of Examiners of Psychologists
13. The Board of Examiners for Speech Pathology and Audiology
14. The Oklahoma Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors
15. The State Board of Examiners of Perfusionists
16. The State Board of Behavioral Health Licensure
17. The Oklahoma State Board of Examiners for Long-Term Care Administrators
Passionate about civic engagement? Join the team!
The Annette Strauss Institute for Civic Life seeks to understand and overcome obstacles to civic engagement through nonpartisan research, education, and outreach. We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
K-12 Educational Outreach Program Coordinator
The Program Coordinator will support the work of the Institute with a combination of project management, research, curriculum development, communication, and administrative duties for our K-12 educational outreach programs.
Learn more and apply
New Politics Forum Program Assistant
To support organizational understanding of college-aged youth engagement and civic technology, as well as coordinate educational outreach activities, associated with the New Politics Forum program.
Learn more and apply:
Free copies of The New York Times are available Monday-Friday in key locations on the campus. Look for days and times to join us for coffee and current event discussions.
More information to come about time and place of meetings!