Centralities Guidelines for Publication
Centralities is a daily news service for Central faculty and staff. Information may be considered for publication by submitting to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information must be submitted by 3 p.m. to be considered for the next day's Centralities.
- Materials printed in Centralities must be deemed to be of interest to at least one-third of the Centralities audience.
- The audience is all faculty and staff at Central, plus a limited number of people off campus who have requested to receive copies because of connections they have to the university.
- Materials must be submitted by 3 p.m. the day before a publication's print date. For example, materials must be received by 3 p.m. on a Monday for inclusion in Tuesday's publication.
- Notices will be printed only once in the main part of Centralities. Once printed, material may be abbreviated and placed in the Reminders section of Centralities.
- Material may be printed again if there is new information that may be of interest to the Central community regarding that event.
- Centralities is intended as an informational tool to give Central faculty and staff information about events and policies of interest to them and their university.
- Events that are non-profit fundraisers for organizations off-campus may be included in Centralities if there is sponsorship by someone or some group on campus.
- Centralities is not intended to print information of a promotional nature for groups that are not affiliated with the university and for whom the information is of an advertising nature.
- Centralities is published using the Associated Press style guidelines. All material submitted will be edited using that guide.
- Those submitting information should double-check to be sure all notices include the correct time, date and location for an event, plus cost, if any.
Please include URL links and artwork, if any.
Centralities does not print lengthy materials or downloads. Information that cannot be put into a maximum of three to four paragraphs should be posted on a departmental website and the hyperlink given to Centralities for dissemination.
Include hyperlinks whenever an online enrollment form is available or similar information.
Please double-check any hyperlink to be sure it is correct and working before sending for publication.