Resources provided by the Office of University Communications at the University of Central Oklahoma
Centralities Guidelines for Publication
Centralities is a daily news service for Central faculty and staff. Information may be considered for publication by submitting to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information must be submitted by 3 p.m. to be considered for the next day's Centralities.
- Materials printed in Centralities must be deemed to be of interest to at least one-third of the Centralities audience.
- The audience is all faculty and staff at Central, plus a limited number of people off campus who have requested to receive copies because of connections they have to the university.
- In order to eliminate duplicate campus messaging, campus email blasts will be added in the next issue to the left-hand "Reminders" column.
- Materials must be submitted by 3 p.m. the day before a publication's print date. For example, materials must be received by 3 p.m. on a Monday for inclusion in Tuesday's publication.
- Notices will be printed only once in the main part of Centralities. Once printed, material may be abbreviated and placed in the Reminders section of Centralities.
- Material may be printed again if there is new information that may be of interest to the Central community regarding that event.
- Centralities is intended as an informational tool to give Central faculty and staff information about events and policies of interest to them and their university.
- Events that are non-profit fundraisers for organizations off-campus may be included in Centralities if there is sponsorship by someone or some group on campus.
- Centralities is not intended to print information of a promotional nature for groups that are not affiliated with the university and for whom the information is of an advertising nature.
- Centralities is published using the Associated Press style guidelines. All material submitted will be edited using that guide.
- Those submitting information should double-check to be sure all notices include the correct time, date and location for an event, plus cost, if any.
- To maintain compliance with section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, University Communications does not accept fliers in GIF, JPEG and PNG format. Send fliers in PDF format.
- Include hyperlinks whenever an online enrollment form is available or similar information. Double-check any hyperlink to be sure it is correct and working before sending for publication.
- Centralities does not print lengthy materials or downloads. Information that cannot be put into a maximum of three to four paragraphs should be posted on a departmental website and the hyperlink given to Centralities for dissemination.
- Please include URL links and artwork, if any.
Full HTML Version