- OIT Home
- Technology Service Catalog
- Central Tech Store
- Mobile Central
- Accounts & Passwords
- Wireless and Internet
- Support & FAQs
- Faculty Focus
- Student Resources
- Staff Tools and Resources
- Technology Training
- Technology Resource Center
- Information Security
- Policies, Procedures & Guidelines
- Technology Purchases
- Technology Projects
- About OIT
Connecting to UCO's Wireless NetworkThe University of Central Oklahoma requires authentication (username and password) to access the Internet.
WINDOWS 7/VISTA USERS: Please refer to our WINDOWS 7/VISTA guide for details on what you will need to do to connect to the UCO Wireless Network.
MAC USERS: Please refer to our Macintosh guide for details on what you will need to do to connect to the UCO Wireless Network.
- Make sure your wireless card is enabled and has TCP/IP installed. You will need to obtain an IP address and DNS automatically.
- Use Windows or the utility provided with your wireless card to view the available wireless networks. For Windows, you may double-click on the wireless network adapter from network connections. Click view wireless networks.
- You should see the following network available "UCO". Connect to this open network.
You will need to open a web browser to authenticate to the network. You will see a security warning regarding redirection to another site. Click "Yes" to continue. The following systems are supported:
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Netscape Navigator
- Open a browser and use your either your UCONNECT (for Students) or your Windows (for Faculty/Staff) username and password.
If you do not have Java installed, you will see a message on the authentication page to Download Java. You will need administrative privileges to install the java software on your computer.
Once you enter your username and password, you will need to select Run to execute the java application.
You should see the following screen while your machine is authenticating.
NOTE: If you are using Java Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 12, you may receive a "Caching Error". Simply click OK to continue the authentication process.
Once authenticated, you will see the Authentication Successful screen. If you close this browser window you will need to repeat this authentication process. To access a website, open a NEW browser window.