TRC Learning Technologies: Turnitin
Turnitin ensures original work by checking submitted papers against 24+ billion web pages, 250+ million student papers and leading library databases and publications.
What does it offer?
- Understand What is Original and What Isn't. Turnitin shows how much of the student's paper matches content from databases so instructors can quickly understand how much of the paper is unoriginal.
- View One Comprehensive Report. Instructors can easily move between or overlay OriginalityCheck, GradeMark and PeerMark reports to gain a full understanding of the written work.
- Provide Rich Feedback and Assessment. The GradeMark feature allows scoring, feedback, voice comments and QuickMark sets to provide feedback to submissions to Turnitin.
- Integrated with Learn@UCO. Generate originality reports and provide feedback directly through the Learn@UCO system, with no added accounts or logins required.
Turnitin is available to all UCO Faculty and Staff.
Can students see the originality reports?
Students are able to see the reports and feedback if that is set as part of the assignment. Turnitin allows for multiple ways to use the product, and a lot of the options are based on personal preferences.
How accurate are the Reports?
From the Turnitin website:
"When a paper is submitted to Turnitin, it is compared against three vast databases of content from three primary sources:
- The Current and Archived Web: Similar to Google and Bing, Turnitin has built a web crawler that crawls the Internet and indexes content into a searchable form. Turnitin currently contains over 24 billion web pages from the current web as well as archived web pages.
Student Papers: Over 50 percent of plagiarism comes from other student’s work. Turnitin compares submitted papers to a database of over 250 million papers in the Turnitin paper database. Each day, the Turnitin student database grows by 150,000 papers.
Content Partnerships: Turnitin has partnered with leading content publishers, including library databases, text-book publishers, digital reference collections, subscription-based publications, homework helper sites and books. These partnerships have contributed over 100 million additional articles to our databases."
Training is available through the Technology Resource Center. Please visit the Learning Center for class schedules.
Additional training materials, provided by Turnitin, are available below.
Get Started With Turnitin
By following the links to some of the sites listed within this page, you will exit the OFFICIAL UCO website and be directed to the respective resource which is not a part of the www.uco.edu domain.
Full HTML Version