- OIT Home
- Technology Resource Center
- Learning Technologies
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Classroom Technology
- Classroom Capture
- Apple iPad @ UCO
- Mobile Central
- iTunes U @ UCO
- Learning Technology Trends
- Microsoft Office
- Respondus and StudyMate
- Respondus LockDown Browser
- SMART Board
- SoftChalk Cloud
- Turning Tech (Clickers)
- Web 2.0
- Multimedia Services
- Faculty Resources
Turning Technologies (clickers) Implementation Instructions for Faculty
Step 1: Complete the Turning Technologies Adoption Form.
Click Here to access the Turning Technologies Adoption Form (opens in a separate window).
Step 2: The Technology Resource Center (TRC) will contact you to arrange a consultation meeting to assist you with implementing the Turning Technologies system.
This initial implementation assistance includes the following:
- TRC provides you with the Turning Tech instructor kit (contains USB receiver, TurningPoint software, ResponseCard for testing, PresenterCard, and user guides).
- TRC creates your ResponseWare instructor account (this is necessary for enabling your students to respond through ResponseWare).
- TRC provides you with assistance with the initial configuration of your Turning Point software.
- TRC coordinates with the building tech support contact where your classroom is located to arrange a test session.
Step 3: Inform your students that they must obtain a Turning Technologies response device (ResponseCard or ResponseWare), and register their response device in D2L (if they have not already done so).
Turning Technologies purchase/registration instructions for students are available from the link in the UCO Student Resources widget (on the D2L My Home and default Course Homepage layout). If you have customized your D2L course homepage, you may also manually add the available Turning Tech Instructions widget to this course homepage layout.
Click Here to view the Turning Technologies purchase/registration instructions for students.
Step 4 (Optional): Use the TurningPoint software to create question lists in TurningPoint or add questions to PowerPoint presentations using the PowerPoint polling option.
Instructors are encouraged to attend the Turning Technologies (Clickers) in-class training provided by TRC, or use the online training resources provided by Turning Technologies.
View Schedule and Register for the Turning Technologies in-class training course
Click Here to access TurningPoint online training resources (provided by Turning Technologies)
Note: For steps 5-7, see the Using Desire2Learn with TurningPoint 5 Guide in the D2L Faculty Community site (inside D2L) for detailed instructions.