- OIT Home
- Technology Resource Center
- Learning Technologies
- Learn@UCO (D2L)
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Classroom Technology
- Classroom Capture
- iPad @ UCO
- iTunes U @ UCO
- Learning Technology Trends
- Microsoft Office
- Respondus and StudyMate
- Respondus LockDown Browser
- SMART Board
- SoftChalk Cloud
- Turning Tech (Clickers)
- Web 2.0
- Multimedia Services
- Faculty Resources
SoftChalk Cloud is the fastest, easiest, most flexible way to create and manage e-learning content for delivery inside or outside of a LMS. Educators can create engaging, interactive, media-rich learning content that directly integrates with any LMS or website. SoftChalk Cloud is available to all University of Central Oklahoma faculty and staff.
What does it offer?
- SoftChalk Create. Educators can transform existing course materials into interactive and engaging e-learning content with minimal time, effort and resources. Build, customize and personalize content by mashing up their own materials with rich media (video, audio, images), interactive activities, quizzes and text.
- Anytime, anywhere access. Users can log in to SoftChalk Cloud from their web browser, to create and modify content online from anywhere.
- Quick and easy sharing. With SoftChalk Cloud, users can organize and share learning content and media with colleagues, groups or their entire community.
- Efficient content management. One SoftChalk Cloud content item can link into multiple courses in Desire2Learn, and be updated from one central location.
SoftChalk Cloud is available to all UCO Faculty and Staff. The activation code is available from the Online Central Tech Store under the software downloads area. You will be required to create an account on the SoftChalk Cloud site, and then activate your UCO account. Further instructions are available in the Tech Store.
What happens to my current SoftChalk content?
If you currently have lessons published in your Desire2Learn courses they will not be affected by the move to SoftChalk Cloud. It is recommended to transition the lessons to SoftChalk Cloud using the guide below, if you wish to further edit or revise the content.
How is SoftChalk Cloud different from the version installed on my computer?
Working in SoftChalk Cloud is very similar to the version installed on your computer. The interface for editing and adding content is the same for both versions. With SoftChalk Cloud there are new options for publishing lessons as well as a web interface for managing existing content.
Training is available through the Technology Resource Center. Please visit the Learning Center for class schedules.
Additional training materials, provided by SoftChalk, are available at the links below.
SoftChalk Cloud Guides
By following the links to some of the sites listed within this page, you will exit the OFFICIAL UCO website and be directed to the respective resource which is not a part of the www.uco.edu domain.