- OIT Home
- Technology Resource Center
- Learning Technologies
- Learn@UCO (D2L)
- Adobe Connect
- Classroom Technology
- Classroom Capture
- Digital Central Academy
- iTunes U @ UCO
- Microsoft Office
- Respondus and StudyMate
- Respondus LockDown Browser
- SMART Board
- SoftChalk Cloud
- Turning Tech (Clickers)
- Web 2.0
- Multimedia Services
- Technology Training
- Faculty Resources
UCO’s Official Web Conferencing solution for academics!
Beginning Fall 2015, Adobe Connect replaces Blackboard Collaborate as the web conferencing tool for synchronous communication with UCO online and hybrid courses. The Adobe Connect system is a web conferencing software service offering immersive online meeting experiences for small group collaboration and virtual classrooms. Adobe Connect meetings give instructors the ability to conduct synchronous classroom sessions regardless of location or device through the use of tools such as polling, application/desktop sharing, audience participation, both video and text based chats, and many more. Through the integration with Learn@UCO (D2L), Adobe Connect allows students to access instructor created sessions straight from their Learn@UCO (D2L) courses; no additional sign up or sign in necessary!
Interested in using Adobe Connect in your courses? Contact the Technology Resource Center for additional information and/or to see a product demo.
- Accounts are issued on a per user basis. Only hosts need an account to create meeting sessions. Participants are not required to have an Adobe Connect account to attend sessions.
Training on using the Adobe Connect system is typically available through one-on-one appointments with the Technology Resource Center. Please email the TRC at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a day and time.
The training sessions take place in the Adobe Connect system and will cover the following information:
- Adobe Connect system basics including, uploading a document, sharing a presentation and starting a video chat
- Creating a poll
- Sharing your screen
- Editing and changing meeting layouts
- Creating and sharing sessions through D2L and through Adobe Connect
- Recording and accessing recorded sessions
- Managing session reports
Additional resources on using the Adobe Connect system can be found at http://help.adobe.com/en_US/connect/9.0/using/index.html
Participants, presenters and meeting hosts are encouraged to review the system requirements to make sure your equipment meets the minimum requirements for participation.
- The Adobe Connect Add-In is required for presenters to take advantage of all the Adobe Connect tools and features. Please be sure to download and install this Add-In BEFORE your session.