UCO Master Calendar Guidelines
UCO Master Calendar Guidelines
The UCO Master Calendar is the University's comprehensive event listing. UCO offers a wide variety of events for the education and enjoyment of the University community and the general public. The Master Calendar may be used to find detailed information about UCO's events both on campus and in the community.
Additional information can be found in the Master Calendar Freguently Asked Questions page.
By centralizing calendars, all University units will have access to identical information, streamlining information flow and ensuring consistent use of content. Benefits include improving communications about UCO "happenings," encouraging more participation through better notification, and minimizing conflicting schedules for selected planned events.
All calendar events must be submitted electronically in the designated format, following the appropriate submission and approval processes. Calendar events must meet these guidelines:
- Only University sponsored events and activities will be included in the calendar. University sponsorship must be by an office, department, college, organization or club.
- The event must be confirmed for a room/space reservation for the proposed date and time.
- The event should not duplicate another event listing.
- The event information must be complete. (Required fields are marked with an asterisk on the event form.)
Calendar of Events Submission and Approval Procedures
Anyone with a scheduled University event can submit event information. Individuals, departments or organizations may submit event information by clicking on "Submit Event" found on the UCO Master Calendar website, which will be routed to the appropriate Event Manager, reviewed, and if approved, posted to the calendar. Requests to submit an event must be made 72 hours prior to the event's start time. Event listings may be edited for clarity, and events submitted after the deadline may not be listed on the calendar.
Currently, calendars that are available include:
- Community: Events open to the general public, which include athletic events, performances, and events scheduled in the Nigh University Center.
- Prospective Students: Events for future UCO students including events for new and transfer students.
- Alumni: Events sponsored by Alumni Association and the UCO Foundation.
- Current Students: Student activities such as academic dates, sporting events, social events and volunteer activities.
- Faculty/Staff: Calendar includes events for faculty and staff, which may include staff development, departmental meetings, administrative deadlines, and training.
Currently, the following event types are available:
- Academic: Enrollment dates, academic meetings, and other events of an academic nature.
- Arts & Entertainment: Theatre, dance, music, and museum, library, gallery exhibitions, or any other performances on campus or produced by UCO organizations.
- Professional Development: Career-related events such as faculty development, employee training and professional development workshops.
- Meetings: Business gatherings, club and staff assemblies, and other meetings.
- Volunteer and Service Learning activities: Public service activities, volunteer projects, community outreach, The Big Event, Volunteer Fair and other programs that foster UCO's commitment to service.
- Social Events: Social activities organized by student groups, academic departments and other University offices.
- Health & Wellness: University recreational activities, fitness programs, intramural sports, health awareness, counseling sessions and other activities addressing health concerns.
- Athletics: UCO Broncho Athletic event schedule.
- Lectures/Conferences: Conferences, lectures, talks, symposia and other workshops.
- Student Life: Student activities such as Homecoming, Stampede Week, New Student Orientation, Winter Glow and other student led events.
Calendar Requests Submission and Approval Procedures
Any officially recognized department or organization may use this calendar system to list events.
- Requests to submit an event must be made 72 hours prior to the event's start time.
- To submit an event, click on "Submit Event" found on the UCO Master Calendar website, which will be routed to the appropriate Event Manager, reviewed, and if approved, posted to the calendar.
Any officially recognized department or organization may request a Master Calendar of their own.
Full HTML Version