- Cyber Security
- Cyber Security Month
- Identity Theft
- Cyber Security Resources
- Cyber Security Training
- Password Security
- Cloud Services and Mobile Devices
- OIT Home
March 8, 2015
The Desire2Learn Network Operations Center will be performing system maintenance on Sunday, March 8, from midnight through 6:00am CST. Learn@UCO will be unavailable during this maintenance window. More...
Cyber Security Video Contest Rules
Central's Office of Information Technology (OIT) is sponsoring a video contest with two categories to choose from for entry:
b. Teams (Faculty/Staff)
1. Participants must prepare an entry on ways to protect yourself while on-line.
a. Entry is to be in the form of a Video in mp4 format (maximum 2 minutes).
2. Participants must complete the Contest entry form. The form can be found by clicking here.
3. Entry may be submitted using one of the following options.
a. UCO e-mail
c. USB flash drive in designated format. Deliver to OIT's Technology Resource Center, Location: Lillard Administration Building, Room 101.
4. Contest entry and form must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday October 31, 2012, at the Office of Information Technology. Time stamp will be based on UCO systems time or if hand delivered, on date and time stamp in the Technology Resource Center.
5. Entries will be judged on
b. Cyber Security Awareness content
d. Appropriate format
e. Time limits
a. Students will vote via survey from an email blast. Student vote comprises 50% of the score.
b. A panel of judges will provide 50% of the score.
c. Winner will be contacted by email and announced on November 30, 2012, via UCONNECT Announcements and Centralities.
a. Student Winner receives:
One (1) Apple iPad (32 GB, 3G - student responsible for data plan, if desired)
b. Team Winner (Faculty/Staff) receives:
- Catered Lunch for their entire team
Ideas for topics include, but are not limited to:
- Cloud security and considerations for sharing data
- Computer security
- Cyber Safety; staying safe online
- Passwords and passphrases
- Physical security
- Safeguarding data and personal information
- Security of personally owned devices or mobile devices (BYOD)
- Security risks of peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing
- Wireless security
Submit questions regarding contest rules via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org