National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM), conducted every October since 2004, is a national public awareness campaign to encourage everyone to protect their computers and our nation’s critical cyber infrastructure.
UCO's Office of Information Technology is hosting multiple events throughout the month to shed a brighter light on what we can all do to implement stronger security practices and raise community awareness. Together we will be a digital society safer and more resistant from attacks.
We lead Internet-connected, digital lives. From our desks and homes to on the go, we work, learn and play online. Even when we are not directly connected to the Internet, our critical infrastructure—the vast, worldwide connection of computers, data, and websites supporting our everyday lives through financial transactions, transportation systems, healthcare records, emergency response systems, personal communications, and more—impacts everyone.
Cyber Security is the mechanism that maximizes our ability to grow commerce, communications, community and content in a connected world. The Internet is a shared resource and securing it is Our Shared Responsibility.
October 2014 Cyber Security Events at UCO
Tips & Quizzes - You Could Win an iPad Mini!!
- We will send out a Cyber tip of the week and have weekly prize drawings for completing cyber security quizzes starting the week of October 6. Check Desire2Learn(D2L), Facebook, Twitter & Centralities each week for the quiz link to test your cyber security skills and be eligible for a Grand Prize drawing of an iPad Mini at the end of the month.
OIT Security Alert Team
- Don't get caught defenseless! Each week during the month of October, members of the OIT Security Alert Team will be covertly monitoring the activities of the UCO community, watching for individuals who might be compromising the security of their devices and/or identity. Be cyber aware or you might be a recipient of a "Security Alert".
Guess My Password - You Could Win an Apple TV!!
- During the week of October 20, look for the "Guess My Password" game in locations across campus. See if you can guess the password for the mystery individual based on their Facebook profile. Look at the posters and then submit your password guess in the fishbowl located at either the Central Tech Store or the Service Desk in the Library. Participants are entered for a chance to win several prizes including an Apple TV.
Scavenger Hunt - You Could Win a Nook!!
Compete in a Scavenger Hunt on Tuesday, October 28 and entered to win one of three great prizes. If you would like to compete in the Scavenger Hunt, please be at the Blue Tent @ Broncho Lake anytime between 9:00am & 2:00pm to begin your search.
- The gifts include the following: Barnes & Noble Nook - Power Bank
- UCO Swag Bag
- Come to the Blue Tent on Tuesday, October 28th between 9:00am - 2:00pm to get even more information about being cyber secure. There will be food, games & lots of giveaways.
Training - Still Want More?
- In addition to data security, the Central community is encouraged to protect itself when operating in an online environment, whether on campus or at home. The UCO Technology Resource Center provides Cyber Security Training sessions that will help you to learn about protecting computer systems, online privacy, and securing personal information on the Internet. There are two training options available to satisfy the IPP Annual Cyber Security Training requirement.
Online Training (Faculty/Staff) - Click here for the self paced training you can complete at your convenience.
Classroom Training - Click here to view the available sessions for the instructor led training.
If your department is interested in scheduling an "in-class" Cyber Security Training session, please contact us at 405.974.5595 or email us at email@example.com.