- Cyber Security
- Cyber Security Month
- Identity Theft
- Cyber Security Resources
- Cyber Security Training
- Password Security
- Cloud Services and Mobile Devices
- OIT Home
Did You Know...
Compromises due to a weak password. (source)
Mobile Apps with vulnerabilities ranging from low to critical severity. (source)
Median number of days for a victim of cyber-crime to know they have been compromised. (source)
UCO's Office of Information Technology doesn't want you to be another Cyber Security Statistic. That is why we are hosting multiple events throughout the month to shed a brighter light on what we can all do to implement stronger security practices and raise community awareness. Together we will be a digital society safer and more resistant from attacks.
October 2015 Cyber Security Events at UCO
Weekly Quizzes - You Could Win an Apple TV!!
- We will have weekly prize drawings for completing cyber security quizzes starting the week of October 5. Check Desire2Learn(D2L), Facebook, Twitter & Centralities each week for the quiz link to test your cyber security skills and be eligible for a Grand Prize drawing of an Apple TV at the end of the month.
OIT Security Alert Team
- Don't get caught defenseless! Each week during the month of October, members of the OIT Security Alert Team will be covertly monitoring the activities of the UCO community, watching for individuals who might be compromising the security of their devices and/or identity. Be cyber aware or you might be a recipient of a "Security Alert".
Campus Event on October 28, 2015
- Come to the Blue Tent on Wednesday, October 28th between 9:30am - 2:00pm to get even more information about being cyber secure. There will be food, games & lots of giveaways.
Scavenger Hunt - You Could Win an Apple TV or an iPad Mini!!
Compete in a Scavenger Hunt on Wednesday, October 28 and be entered to win one of three great prizes. If you would like to compete in the Scavenger Hunt, please be at the Blue Tent @ Broncho Lake anytime between 9:30am & 2:00pm to begin your search.
Training - Still Want More?
- In addition to data security, the Central community is encouraged to protect itself when operating in an online environment, whether on campus or at home. The UCO Technology Resource Center provides Cyber Security Training sessions that will help you to learn about protecting computer systems, online privacy, and securing personal information on the Internet. There are two training options available to satisfy the IPP Annual Cyber Security Training requirement.
Online Training (Faculty/Staff) - Click here for the self paced training you can complete at your convenience.
Classroom Training - Click here to view the available sessions for the instructor led training. If your department is interested in scheduling an "in-class" Cyber Security Training session, please contact us at 405.974.5595 or email us at email@example.com