- OIT Home
- Technology Service Catalog
- Central Tech Store
- Mobile Central
- Accounts & Passwords
- Wireless and Internet
- Support & FAQs
- Faculty Focus
- Student Resources
- Staff Tools and Resources
- Technology Training
- Technology Resource Center
- Information Security
- Policies, Procedures & Guidelines
- Technology Purchases
- Technology Projects
- About OIT
Accounts and Passwords
At the University of Central Oklahoma we strive to make your experience both secure, and easy to use.
For students at UCO, you will typically have one username and password which is referred to as your UCO account. This is what you will use to access the majority of systems across campus. The format is typically your first initial then your last name and may be followed by a number.
Faculty or Staff Accounts
Faculty and Staff also have a UCO account; one username and password for use across campus (previously called a domain or network account). Whether accessing UCONNECT, your email, your computer or other systems, just use your UCO username and password.
To enhance security all UCO faculty, students and staff will be required to change their UCO password every 90 days. Learn more about secure passwords.
Employee Security Access
Access to enterprise systems on campus is requested by using the UCO Employee Security Access Form. You may submit the signed form to the UCO Service Desk, located on the first floor of the Max Chambers Library.
Good Security Practices
Protect your password:
- Do not share your username and password.
- Create strong passwords, mixing upper and lowercase letters and numbers.
- Change your password every 90 days.
Protect your files:
- Never leave your equipment unattended with your password activated.
- Sign-off or lock your computer before leaving your workstation.
- Activate your screen saver with a password logon required.