- OIT Home
- Technology Service Catalog
- Central Tech Store
- Mobile Central
- Accounts & Passwords
- Wireless and Internet
- Support & FAQs
- Faculty Focus
- Student Resources
- Staff Tools and Resources
- Technology Training
- Technology Resource Center
- Information Security
- Policies, Procedures & Guidelines
- Technology Purchases
- Technology Projects
- About OIT
Accounts and Passwords
At the University of Central Oklahoma we strive to make your experience both secure, and easy to use.
For students at UCO, you will typically have one account. Often referred to as your UCONNECT account. This is what you will use to access the majority of systems across campus. The format is typically your first initial then your last name and may be followed by a number.
Faculty or Staff Accounts
Faculty and Staff usually have more than one account for use across campus. In addition to the UCONNECT account outlined above, you will most likely have a domain account. (Sometimes we call it your computer account, since this is what is used to log in to a University computer.) The username will be the same on both accounts. While the username is the same, the password may be different.
Employee Security Access
Access to enterprise systems on campus is requested by using the UCO Employee Security Access Form. You may submit the signed form to Technology Support, Campus Box 122 or deliver to MCS 172.
Good Security Practices
Protect your password:
- Do not share your username and password.
- Create strong passwords, mixing upper and lowercase letters and numbers.
- Change your password often. Recommendation: Every 90 days.
Protect your files:
- Never leave your equipment unattended with your password activated.
- Sign-off or lock your computer before leaving your workstation.
- Activate your screen saver with a password logon required.