The Office of Student Organizations at the University of Central Oklahoma
How to Form a Student Organization
Central has many organizations to offer, but if we don't offer one you'd like to see on campus, you can form your own.
If you have any questions, contact the Student Organizations Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 974-2625.
In order to form a Student Organization, you need:
- At least five (5) enrolled students--two of them are officers and the other three are members.
- A UCO faculty or staff member to serve as an advisor. An Advisor Agreement Form must be turned in to the Student Organizations Office in the NUC, Room 414.
- A current constitution and/or bylaws to upload on the website. You can find a sample constitution here.
- Once you have all this information, click here to create your organization on OrgSync.
Once you have completed those steps, you will need to contact the Student Organizations Office at email@example.com or 974-2625 to set up a training session for the organization president and advisor.
After, these steps are complete, you organization will be approved and considered active.
Benefits of being an active organization include:
- the status to request organization funding from UCOSA
- the status to reserve rooms and outdoor space on campus
- the chance to be involved in the fall and spring Student Involvement Fair
- the opportunity to check-out needed equipment for your events from the Student Organization Office
- the chance to participate in Broncho Corral Leadership Institute each fall
- AND MUCH MORE!!
Full HTML Version