Welcome to Student Organizations at Central!
Involvement in student organizations gives you the opportunity to positively impact the University of Central Oklahoma. With over 200 recognized student organizations, it's easy to find your fit here at Central! From academic, professional, religious, honorary to cultural, social, recreation, and special interest, there is something for everyone. If no organizations peak your interest, create your own new student organization. It is important to become an engaged student on campus, and joining a student organization is key to being successful outside the classroom.
Upcoming Opportunities and Informational Sessions
Broncho Corral Leadership Institute 2014Broncho Corral Leadership Institute (BCLI) is a one-day retreat is designed for student organization presidents and vice presidents to come together for a leadership development expience (and to have some fun!) This retreat is FREE for the president or vice president of each student organization.
Some of the topics that will be covered this year include: goal setting, attracting membership, communication, campus outreach, and much more.
BCLI 2014 will take place Saturday, April 26th from 8 am until 5 pm. All participants must provide their own transportation to the location of the retreat (or carpool with other attendees). If you cannot attend the entire institute, please allow the other top officer of your organization to attend.
Student Organization Renewals
How to Renew Your Student Organization
- OrgSync Renewal-By follwoing the prompt on your organization's OrgSync page, you can easily renew your student organization! Just fill in the information for the new officers and update any otehr information that has changed.
- Consitution Update-All constitutions must be updated and dated within the past three years. If your organization's constitution is dated prior to 2012, update the information before uploading it to your OrgSync page.
- Org Leader Training-Every organization must have their President or Vice President attend on Org Leader training. This training goes over the ins and the outs of Student Organizations at Central and will help your organization get off to a great start. Trainings must be signed up for ahead of time. All dates and times available are listed below or can be found on the Student Organizations OrgSync Page.
- Advisor Training-Every organization must have their Advisor attend an Advisor training. Advisors need only attend these trainings once every three years. If your organization is new this academic year or you have a new advisor, a training is required. All dates and times available are listed below or can be found on the Student Organizations OrgSync Page.
Important Organization Dates
- April 1, 2014
- All organizations become inactive on OrgSync for the 2014-2015 Academic Year. OrgSync will prompt you to renew your organization, and then you will need to complete organization and advisor trainings.
- First Friday in August (August 1, 2014)
- All organizations not yet renewed for the 2014-2015 academic year will be unable to participate in the Student Involvement Fair that takes place during Stampede Week.
- First Friday in September (September 5, 2014)
- All organizations not yet renewed for the 2014-2015 academic year will be considered inactive for the year and will lose all funding for that academic year and status to reserve space or rooms on campus.
- If your organization starts new or becomes active after the first Friday in September, you can still request UCOSA Sponsorship Funding. That application can be found here.
Student Organization Leader and Advisor Trainings
As part of the student organization renewal process, student organization leaders and advisors must each attend a training. The trainings will start April 7 and continue throughout the summer, until August 29.
Click the date/time below in which you would like to register. Leaders and advisors must be registered for a session in order to attend AND have started the renewal process by submitting their OrgSync Renewal. We will not accept walk-ups and will limit size of session based on the room capacity.
For questions, contact Nicole Doherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Org Leader Trainings
Wednesday, July 30--3PM--Cherokee Room (Last Training Before SIF Deadline)
Friday, August 29--2PM--Robert S Kerr Room (Last Training Before Final Deadline)
Friday, August 1--1 PM-NUC 202 (Last Training Before SIF Deadline)
Tuesday, August 26--4 PM--Robert S Kerr Room (Last Training Before Final Deadline)