- Diversity and Inclusion
- Programs and Events
- Asian Moon Festival
- Black History Month
- Dinner Dialogues
- Hispanic Heritage Month
- Martin Luther King Enterprise Oratory Competition
- Miss Asian UCO
- Miss Black UCO Scholarship Pageant
- Miss Hispanic UCO Scholarship Pageant
- Miss Native American UCO Scholarship Pageant
- Diversity Leadership Institute
- Native American Heritage Month
- Real Talk
- Tunnel of Oppression
- Central Allies
- Ice Cream Social
- Diversity Peer Educators
- Multicultural Orientation
- Day of the Dead
- Student Organizations
- Helpful Links
- ODI Videos
- Contact Us
- Student Life
- Student Affairs
- Women's Outreach Center
Diversity Peer Educators 2013-2014 Application Process
Diversity Round Table and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion is currently accepting applications for Diversity Peer Educators for the 2013-2014 academic year.
The mission of the Diversity Peer Educators is to be dedicated to the development of cultural competent leaders by addressing issues of diversity and multiculturalism throughout the community of the University of Central Oklahoma
Qualifications for Membership
- Have completed 60 hours or be within their third year at the University of Central Oklahoma.
- Students must have a minimum 2.5 grade point average and in full time status.
- Exhibit strong communication skills both verbal and written, leadership skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Be able to attend scheduled mandatory training and agree to the time commitment to fulfill Ambassador duties.
- Support as many of Office of Diversity and Inclusion programs as possible
- Responsibilities of Diversity Peer Educators
- Attend all scheduled meetings.
- Be available to present diversity workshops to classrooms and student organizations.
- Coordinate one original diversity program in collaboration with a diversity organization.
- Assist other student organizations, as appropriate.
- Be responsible to their advisor and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
Benefits of Diversity Peer Educators:
- Serve as an advocate for the cultural competent leader.
- Serve as a "spokesperson" for the diversity and multiculturalism at the University of Central Oklahoma
- Improvement and enhancement of interpersonal skills
- Development of leadership, group dynamics, communication, and public speaking skills
- The ability to meet, interact and network with other students, faculty, administrators, alumni, and community members
Selection Process: Applications are Due April 18, 2013 The Diversity Peer Educator members will select students to proceed to the interview process. Once this process has been completed, student will be invited to become a Diversity Peer Educator.
The Diversity Peer Educators will meet regularly through the 2014 summer in preparation for the 2013-2014 academic year.