Project SPEAK Services
We Help Members of the UCO Community
Please note: We serve both male and female survivors. Services are provided to people of all genders, races, ethnicities, appearances, religions, and sexual orientations.
What Can We Do to Help?
Project SPEAK is survivor-driven; in other words, we will not make decisions for survivors, but will inform them of available resources. Then, after survivors have determined what the best plan is for them, we will assist them to its completion. The Project SPEAK Staff will work with survivors as much, or as little, as is determined necessary and/or desired by the survivor as they seek assistance.
Because each survivor often has unique needs, the VPP is prepared to work on an individual basis and will take all reasonable actions to help the survivor in thefollowing areas:
- Medical Assistance
- Housing Needs or Relocation
- Legal Assistance (e.g., Victims Protection Order; Restraining Order)
- Assistance with law enforcement
- Accessing the campus judicial system (Student Conduct)
- Counseling- on and off campus referrals
- Academic ConcernsOther services, as needed