Step 1 - Requester creates an e-mail to be sent and defines e-mail recipients:
- Write the copy for the body of the e-mail message.
- Provide the exact wording for the subject line of the e-mail.
- Include desired send date and time. However, this does not guarantee that your email will be sent at your requested time. The send date and time will be determined by the available cue and the Mass E-Mail Policy.
- Include desired delivery list (i.e., faculty, staff and students). If there is a small, specific group of recipients, a list of e-mail addresses in Microsoft Excel may be attached.
- The e-mail body should be html or text only with links to further information. The email cannot contain only a single image from campus posters.
- For assistance with an html e-mail, please note the need for additional support.
- Graphics in the e-mail will be published and linked within the e-mail blast.
- IT can assist with publishing the images if provided by the Requester.
- All requests should be made at least 72 hours (i.e. 3 days) prior to the request send date and time. The request must include detailed VP approval as described below.
Step 2 - Approvals Required:
- VP approval for the e-mail blast must be obtained.
- It is important that the VP, or designee with letter on file, approve the contents of the e-mail blast as well as the send date and time. This approval should be provided to email@example.com.
- The resulting support ticket will create a chain of action to obtain E-mail administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) approval, to develop the e-mail and to send a preview of the e-mail to the Requester. -
- The email administrator must be contacted 24 hours in advance of the requested send date and time.
- The Requester Must Approve Preview: A preview is provided to the requester who reviews the e-mail blast preview and responds as to whether or not it is satisfactory.
Step 3 - E-mail Distributed:
Once the Requester has approved the e-mail blast preview, the e-mail will be distributed to the defined recipient list based on acceptable e-mail blast sending policy in conjunction with requested send date and time.
Please see the official University of Central Oklahoma Mass Email Policy.
- Effective July 2009
- Revised April 2011
- Revised June 2011
- Revised July 2011