- Disability Support Services
- Contact DSS
- Documentation Guidelines
- Syllabus Statement
- Accommodation Policy for Access to Public Events
- Helpful Links
- Student Resources
- Faculty & Staff
- Upcoming Events
- Schedule a Test
- Student Life
- Student Affairs
- Adaptive Technology Resources
How to Schedule an Exam
The following procedures are necessary to ensure that the proper accommodations are administered for your exams.
- Discuss testing arrangements with your professor before exam time. You must get permission from your professor, not DSS, to take your exam at a different time/day other than the class exam time. You must take the exam at the same time as your class, unless there is a conflict with your class schedule. (For instance, if your exam accommodation allows for time and a half, and this extra, accommodated time interrupts another class, you will want to schedule your exam for an earlier or later time on the date of the exam). All evening class exams may be done the day the class is scheduled or the day after. You will need to discuss this with your professor, in case they have a preference.
- Available testing times: During the summer, exams may be taken in the Disability Support Services Department between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday through Thursday. During the Fall and Spring semesters, exams may be taken in the Disability Support Services Department between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- You MUST schedule online at least 48 business hours in advance with DSS. The link is on the UCO DSS website (http://www.uco.edu/student-affairs/dss/index.asp). Near the bottom you will see “Schedule a Test”. Or go directly to where you schedule by visiting https://broncho2.uco.edu/disability_support/testsch.aspx. Plan accordingly as weekends do not count. If your exam is Monday, you should have scheduled it by Wednesday (of the previous week) to allow enough time for the professor and Testing Planner to make arrangements. Final exams (Fall and Spring) MUST be scheduled 2 WEEKS in advance.
- Bring any materials required and/or allowed as needed for your exam. This includes calculators, scantrons, etc. DSS is not responsible for providing these materials.
- When scheduling, you will need to provide all the following information: your first and last name, UCO ID#, UCO email address, your phone number, your exam accommodations as stated in your accommodation letter (only list the accommodations you are requesting), the course name, test date, requested test time (a reason if different than the class exam time), faculty name, faculty email address,
Upon completion of scheduling your exam online, your professor and the DSS Testing Planner will be notified via email. You, the student, will also receive an automatic email confirmation.
Professors can email (DSSstaff@uco.edu), fax (405-974-3894), or hand-deliver (NUC, room 309) the exam to DSS. Upon completion of your exam, DSS will deliver the exam back to your professor.
NO SHOW and TARDINESS POLICY
You will only be allowed to take your exam during the allotted scheduled time. Accommodations may not be available/provided for showing up late to your exam. If you fail to show at the scheduled exam time, your exam will be returned to your professor.
When ready, you can schedule your exam HERE!