- Disability Support Services
- Contact DSS
- Documentation Guidelines
- Syllabus Statement
- Accommodation Policy for Access to Public Events
- Service and Assistance Animals
- Helpful Links
- Oklahoma Disability Resource Guide
- Association on Higher Education and Disabilities
- Learning Disabilities Association of America
- Sign Language Dictionary
- Students with Disabilities Rights and Responsibilities
- ADA Q&A: Section 504 & Postsecondary Education
- Accommodations and Universal Design
- National Center for Education Statistics
- Learning Ally
- Note Taking 101
- Affordable Colleges for Students with Disabilities
- Oklahoma Association of Blind Students
- Student Resources
- Upcoming Events
- Schedule a Test
- Adaptive Technology Resources
- Faculty & Staff
- Training Opportunities
- Student Life
- Student Affairs
NUC 402, 405-974-2215
With an approach of total wellness, The University of Central Oklahoma’s Center for Counseling and Well-Being works with students on enhancing their emotional health and abilities in managing all the stressors of college and the school-work-life balance. The Center for Counseling and Well-Being is a program of the Wellness Center and is a place where students can learn to deal more effectively with personal concerns or situations, such as coping with friendships, divorce or a break-up, anxiety, depression, academic difficulties, career change, identity, support for LGBTQ, grief, stress, and adjustment to college life.
NUC 402, 405-974-2225
Project SPEAK (Support, Promote, Empower, Educate Advocate for Knowledge) is the violence prevention program for The University of Central Oklahoma. Project SPEAK primary focus is to help our community develop and maintain safe and healthy relationships. Project SPEAK is a program of the Center for Counseling and Well-Being has three primary functions:
- To provide direct services for students impacted by sexual assault, violence, bullying, stalking or other behaviors
- To educate the university community on bystander interventions when witnessing a potential risk or act of violence within our campus community, and
- To conduct outreach and education with students, staff, faculty and our community on creating a safe environment for growing and learning.
NUC 388, 405-974-3346
Career Services assists students and alumni with career development and employment issues. The Career Services counseling staff is available for resume walk-ins and by appointment to advise on topics such as selecting a major, identifying career options for particular majors, job and internship search strategies and graduate school search assistance.
Thatcher Hall 307, 405-974-2388
The UCO Testing Center is a national test center for Education Testing Services, Certification Examinations for Oklahoma Educators, The College Board, and the American College Testing Program. Regular on-campus (residual) ACT and institutional TOEFL are offered for prospective UCO students. The Center also administers tests for those students attempting to earn credit through Extra-institutional Examinations such as CLEP, Departmental Challenge Exams, AP, and DANTES. A complete listing of tests is available at the Testing Center.
Student Health Center
The University of Central Oklahoma provides a Student Health Center where health services are available to all students. There are nominal fees assessed for medication, specified services, and to see the nurse practitioner or doctor. For further information, call (405)974-2317 or visit them online at www.ucowellnesscenter.com.