- Student Conduct
- File a Complaint
- Forms and Publications
- Academic Integrity
- Civil Conduct
- Committee on Student Conduct
- The 180 Scholar
- Student Information Packet
- Student Affairs
- Student Life
- Contact Us
Committee on Student Conduct Interest Letter
Dear Interested Community Member:
Thank you for your interest in joining the UCO Committee on Student Conduct. The Committee on Student Conduct is hears and considers the appeals of students who have been accused of, or found responsible for, violating the University of Central Oklahoma Code of Student Conduct. Generally, this committee of faculty members and students hears and considers appeals from students that have received sanctions that consist of one (1) of the following:
- Temporary Suspension
- [Class] Credit Recession
- Degree Revocation
The Committee on Student Conduct also hears initial misconduct cases, in which the Director of Student Conduct delegates due to certain circumstances, such as: cases involving gender discrimination (sexual assault), the possibility of perceived bias by the Office of Student Conduct, and/or major precedent-setting cases. The Committee on Student Conduct typically hears only 3-4 cases per semester. Thus, the time commitment is not great. The Committee on Student Conduct has the following time commitments:
- Fall Training session (3 hours) in early or mid-September
- Two (2) regular meetings per case you are available hear
- Preliminary Meeting (30 minutes)
- Conduct Hearing (3-4 hours)
For further information, questions, and/or concerns please contact Adrienne Martinez at (405) 974-2361 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Student Conduct
Committee on Student Conduct
Student Member Approval Process
1. All interested students shall be subjected to a background check by the Director of Student Conduct or designated employee to reveal whether or not the student has been found responsible for violating 3 or more University policies or has been found responsible for violating any University policies within the past 6 months.
2. When a student’s interest form has been submitted, the Office of Student Conduct will verify the following information on the interested student:
a) Current Student
b) Conduct History at UCO
(Interested Students who have been “found responsible” for 2 or less non-threatening/non-violent University violations and not “found responsible” for any University violations within the past 6 months will be reported as “CLEARED.” Interested Students that have been “found responsible” for violating 3 or more University policies or has been found responsible for violating
any University policies within the past 6 months will be reported as “NOT CLEARED.”)
Once this information has been verified, the Office of Student Conduct shall call and verify the references.
3. Once the references have been verified and a student has been approved, the student shall be informed as soon as possible by written notification (i.e. email, faxmail, typewritten and hand-delivered).
If the interested student is denied, the denial shall be based upon enrollment status and/or conduct history alone. If the interested student is denied and does not agree with their denial, then questions should be directed towards the Office of Student Conduct.
4. The Office of Student Conduct will send the newly approved student member of the Committee on Student Conduct information about the next Committee on Student Conduct meeting, next training opportunity, and upcoming hearing opportunities.
5. Student members must attend training sessions prior to sitting on a hearing committee.