- Student Conduct
- Report an Incident
- Forms and Publications
- BAT - Behavioral Assessment Team
- Civil Conduct
- Committee on Student Conduct
- The 180 Scholar
- Student Information Packet
- Felony Applicants
- Contact Us
The 180 Scholar
180 Scholar Program Description:
The primary purpose for the University of Central Oklahoma (UCO) 180 Scholar Program is to provide a second opportunity at higher education for students who have made poor life decisions which led to emotional, social, institutional disciplinary and/or legal hardships in life. This second opportunity encourages students to turn from a previous destructive lifestyle and commit to a productive and positive future. In addition, the 180 Scholar Program aims to cultivate leadership characteristics within each of its participants and allow them to share their transformation with others who may be seeking a similar change in their lives. The leadership tools acquired while participating in the 180 Scholar program will be applicable to a multitude of educational job markets and entrepreneurial opportunities. Moreover, the 180 Scholar exemplifies hope, determination, discipline, and character.
180 Scholar Program Scholarship Qualification Criteria:
- A graduate from high school or GED recipient;
- Must be enrolled full time (12 credit hours or more) at the University of Central Oklahoma during the semester(s) awarded;
- At least a 2.3 cumulative grade point average;
- Completed Scholarship Application;
- No law infractions or institutional disciplinary actions (academic or behavior) within the past six (6) months;
- Background check;
- No previous convictions of violent crimes within the past five (5) years; and
- No previous charges or convictions of major violent crimes (i.e. any form of sexual assault, homicide, bomb threats, hate crimes, terrorism, etc.).
1st Year Scholarship Benefits and Retention Criteria:
- Recipient will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship benefit towards tuition, fees, and/or books.
- Attend 1-on-1 progress update meetings per month with Director of Student Conduct.
- Maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average per semester throughout 1st year term.
- Attend and participate in the Career Services Career Chats lecture series.
- Attend and participate in the Committee on Student Conduct member training and subsequent cases.
- Complete a research project or assist Director of Student Conduct with 2 promotional speeches at selected public schools about the 180 Scholar program.
- Maintain full-time enrollment status of at least 12 credit hours per fall and spring semesters.
***If retention criteria is not met, then the scholarship will be revoked for the remainder of the year.
Goals and measurable objectives:
- To provide financial assistance to students;
- To assist students in positively transforming behavior and attitude;
- To improve cumulative grade point averages;
- To participate in a full year of the UCO Career Services Career Chats lecture Series;
- To assist in accomplishing the goal of graduation; and
- To assist in jumpstarting a career by acquiring a professional development skillset via a relationship with UCO career services.