- Centre for Global Competency
- Study Abroad Destinations
- Study Tours
- Cultural Programming
- Photo Gallery
- CGC Special Events
- The University of Central Oklahoma CGC Blog
- CaSTLE Program
- Forms and Documents
- UCO Korea
- International Services
- Student Affairs
- Contact Us
The Global Experience component consists of co-curricular experiences both on and off campus. These experiences aim to create a personal experience between you and the many cultures of Oklahoma. UCO presents numerous opportunities to connect with different cultures, through International Student organizations, clubs, on-campus chapters of International Organizations, and even living with international students in residence halls.Here are some examples of co-curricular activities:
- - Becoming an executive member of an International Organization i.e. be the vice-president of the European Student Organization.
- - Assisting and engaging with international students at the International Food festival.
- - Becoming a volunteer for the International Pageant.
- - Assisting the Centre for Global Competency as a volunteer when international guests visit the UCO campus.
- - Becoming a Study Abroad ambassador, promoting the benefits of travel abroad.
There is a special program that the Centre for Global Competency recommends to every student who is pursuing the Global Certificate program: Broncho Buddies is an intercultural program designed to bring international students and domestic students together to learn from one another. Buddies are paired based on common interests and shared activities. Throughout the year, there will be planned activities that the buddies can attend. The goal is to help students relate to one another by crossing cultural boundaries and have fun while doing so!
If you with to apply, please visit the Centre for Global Competency at the Nigh University Center, Room 137. Or you can send an email requesting information to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is another program named "Ignite". This is an intercultural program sponsored by the Centre for Global Competency that provides to American students an opportunity to have a transformative experience by spending time with international families. The goal is to expose American students to traditional foreign customs that the family practices. It has been a common activity to host a meal for the American students; while the family teaches traditions, customs and protocols. The goal is for students to gain a greater understanding of another culture, so that they can relate and appreciate those who are from other parts of the globe. Through "Ignite" students will have a transformative opportunity to learn new aspects of a new culture right here in Oklahoma.