W. Roger Webb
President, University of Central Oklahoma
W. Roger Webb was named the 19th President of the University of Central Oklahoma in July 1997. UCO is a campus of 16,000 students located in Edmond, Oklahoma. Previously, he was President of Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, Oklahoma, from 1978-1997. President Webb’s professional career began in law enforcement where he was with the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety, (Oklahoma Highway Patrol) for twelve years, serving as Commissioner of Public Safety for the State of Oklahoma from 1974-1978.
Among other organizations, President Webb is a member of the Board of Directors of the Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism (MIPT), American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU), National Consortium of Academics and Sports (NCAS), Governor’s Campus Life and Safety and Security (CLASS) Task Force, Oklahoma River Chesapeake Boathouse Trust, Oklahoma Science and Technology Research and Development Board (OSTRaD), Oklahoma Business Roundtable, Governor’s International Roundtable, Edmond Chamber of Commerce and Mercy Hospital.
He has formerly served as President and Board Chair of the Oklahoma Academy, member of the Board of Directors of Leadership Oklahoma, United Way, National Board of Directors for Lambda Chi Alpha
- W. Roger Webb became the nineteenth President of the University of Central Oklahoma, July 1997.
- Dr. Webb, a native of eastern Oklahoma, graduated from Heavener High School.
- Received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Oklahoma State University.
- Received a Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Law.
- Served as Oklahoma Commissioner of Public Safety from 1974-1978.
- Served as President of Northeastern State University from 1978-1997.
- Named to the Oklahoma Higher Education Hall of Fame in 1995.
- Served as President/Chairman of Oklahoma Academy for State Goals.
- Presided as State Chairman of Oklahoma Homecoming ’90.
CITY, STATE AND NATIONAL LEADERSHIP
- A. National
- Board of Directors - American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU). Elected November, 1999-2001
- Board of Directors and Executive Committee - National Consortium of Academics and Sports (NCAS), 1996-Present
- Board of Directors - Lambda Chi Alpha, 1998-2004
- B. State
- Oklahoma Science and Technology Research and Development Board (OSTRaD)
- Board of Directors - Oklahoma Business Roundtable
- Board of Directors - Governor’s International Roundtable
- Executive Committee (Former President and Chairman) - Oklahoma Academy of State Goals
- Executive Committee - Leadership Oklahoma
- C. Oklahoma City and Edmond, Oklahoma
- Board of Directors – Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism
- Board of Directors – Delta Dental of Oklahoma
- Board of Directors – Oklahoma City Petroleum Club
- Board of Directors – Oklahoma River Chesapeake Boathouse
- Board of Directors - Oklahoma Metro United Way